USA GasBike.Net Reviews

Anton

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
9:37 PM
motorized-bicycle-california-gas-bike-net.png

GasBike offers Bicycle Motor Engine Kits *That Will* Pimp Your Ride. Travel easier, faster and cheaper with a gas-powered bike. GasBike is a motorized bicycle California dealer.

Products: Engine kits & parts, racing parts.
Location: 15825 Stagg Street, Van Nuys, California, USA, 91406

Last edited:
Gas Bike Ok, but

I got a good deal from Gas Bike last year. It was such a good deal that I bought it just to have one for a spare. Turns out a year later I was glad I had it.

The problem I had was that the chain had jammed and broken the rear of the engine around the drive cog. With the help of a Sick Bike Part adapter for an oversized seat tube I installed my new engine on my bike. I used the new carb and CDI with my old gas tank. then I promptly tried to get this thing going. No luck.

I kept on replacing parts, carb, tank, magneto, spark plug, magnet to no avail I finally replaced the new CDI with one I had on my old kit and it took right off.

The parts were of a higher quality than the kits I have had in the past but the CDI seems to have not been up to par.

Its kind of hard for me to complain too badly because I got the kit for a song and now I know more about how these things work than I did before. I like the kit but, if I had a working CDI then it would have gone a lot easier for me.

mike

Gasbike

I have had several dealings with them, all have been good until this last one. My latest one will be my last. I ordered a carb and paid extra for 2 day postage. 3 emails and 1 phone call later (All unanswered) I received the part. TEN DAYS after I placed the order! Their customer service leaves a LOT to be desired.

DuctTape your right there is no phone no# listed I called and them and the claim there doing inventory right now. Heres the no# 866 243 4552 I just called them and got a answering machine, if I were you I would try it.

I wanted a 4GT kit with the 5/8" straight shaft engine. That is what they advertised selling. I bought it. They shipped the kit with the 1/2" long tapered shaft engine. Not what they advertised and not what I wanted.
I was a sucker for the "Bait and switch" marketing scheme.
After carefully reading their return policy it is not worth loosing even more $$$ to try to get it straightened out.
Caveat Emptor!

They are two blocks from my house. I have ordered from them in the past and asked for will-call without any issues. This past week I was in a bind trying to get a build together. I discovered that I didn't have a working fuel tank so I thought I could call them like before and pick one up so I could get on the road for work. Some high school drop out there said they don't do will-call anymore and that I had to wait for shipping. I asked for some grace here because I was in a bind but they were a no go. I live two blocks away. WTF.

Gasbike.net and Kings are the web sites for Nationwide Access since ~2010, they are the official importers of motorized bicycle parts from China Gas, which represents the Yaun Dong engine factory.

In short Nationwide is just box shippers for China MB volume cargo around the US for customers.

For the most part people at Nationwide are just your typical Wallmart checkout person so don't expect detailed information about how to do something with your purchase these days, but if you watch you can some really good deals on quality.

The thing is, with all of the web site install help and guys like me that don't need any help, I find the GT5 66cc engines kits to be top notch after 70+ builds with them and only 2 catastrophic failures since 2009 and both attributed to no oil in the gas.

gasbike sells the 'box of parts' delivered for $175, just ordered a couple more yesterday, what I like is you order it as individual parts with 55% off every part.

The cylinder, piston and head are separate as is the magneto so just a 'box of parts'.
With it already apart you can see the quality of the parts, in other words I don't have to break out a Dremmel, it's ready to go and 99% start up first try.

Ordered a 48cc Grubee Skyhawk from them around 4 years ago, along with several parts afterwards. GREAT communication and customer service. If not for the online salesman, my assembly would have been MUCH more difficult. My .02-Gearhead222

Back