Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
7:25 AM
Screenshot from 2021-09-23 10-02-50.png

Products: Motorised bicycle engine kits & parts, electric bike parts.

Ok, well i'll post up my experience.

I bought a 48cc kit from Zbox and the kit arrived the next day by courier which was awesome.

After looking at it like a child on Christmas morning i got to work

After a few hours of working things out and gradually getting it all done, i had clutch issues. I called Zbox for a bit of help, after some chatting and diagnosing of the problem we came to the conclusion that my clutch was gone and he sent me a whole new clutch kit, which i believe was **** awesomely nice thing to do.

That bike ran for ages and solidly too.

With the list of spares on the website and helpfull tips by other self-builders you could do far worse for places to buy your kit from.

I give Zbox an 8/10 overall for service/products/support/tips

Well iv ordered 2 kits from zbox a 50 and a 80. and also a few parts.
The customer service is 2nd to none. and both engines that iv got havent died.
9/10

ive bought 2 of the 80 kits and the only thing that has gone wrong was the engine mount snapped but that was my fault for not checking the bolts. and when I recently bought my 2nd kit and the fuel tap aws leaking emailed warren got a response literally 5minutes later and said I could use one of a lawn mower I said that I would just do that but he insisted that he send me another at absolutly no charge the service from zbox can not be beaten and the product is great too.

I have also bought from Warren before, and I cant fault the service. He has always been all to happy to help and will send the parts the day the money is received. His prices are good and freight for the whole kit is just $20 australia wide.

Warren help me out above and beyond, with the help on my build. I met the guy for coffee at his home/warehouse when I was up in Bellingen, and he sold me a good deal on parts and advice. A more genuine guy you could not meet.
Good service and simple responses.

Think I will buy my second motor from him for my next build.

I bought a 48cc of him a while ago, was alright service. My friend bought the 66cc engine which i convinced him to buy, and he receives the engine damaged, my friend called up Warren and Warren accused him of breaking it. My friend fixed the problem himself from his own pocket. Now my friend wants to get a new cylinder head, because a bolt snapped while we were taking off the exhaust and we cant tap it out. He calls Warren up, and on the following Monday is a public holdiay, fare enough. My friend ask if he could organise a head to be posted on the tuesday(after the public holiday) and Warren said " No, im taking time off" and hung up. I was shocked to see him do this to my friend, and i am never dealing with him again, ive got local dealers such as Rock Solid engines who i am now buying my parts from. My old motorised bike got stoeln, never came across my mind to buy another kit of Warren, just went to a local dealer.

First up, Warren Bates is no longer running ZBox. Steve Baille, from ZBike, now runs both.
I bought my kit from ZBox when Warren was running it, but since then have only dealt with Steve.
Keeping in mind that all of these HT kits are rubbish, I can only commend Steve for the way he's handled our dealings. I've bought a number of spare parts and whenever there was a fault, Steve was quick to sort things out, at his own cost. He's also happy to sell lesser parts that aren't listed on the web-site, like woodruff keys etc.

(Victor, unfortunately I can't say that I've had as good a time with Rock Solid Engines. Tony provided no support whatsoever and left me posted. Luckily Sick Bike Parts helped me out.)

Just purchased a few spare parts for an engine from these guys. Their email support was very good and quick postage too.

Zbox is now using Fastway Couriers as their postal carrier in Australia even though they advertise Startrack.

Why is this important? I hear you asking.
Fastway are the most expensive and incompetent courier companies in the country, have a look at all the complaints. https://www.facebook.com/FastwayCouriers

I recently ordered a clutch rebuild kit lost after an excessive wait time (not an uncommon story for Fastway)
While Zbox and Steve are both great to deal with I would suggest making sure your parcel does not travel Fastway from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back