Well I got pulled over again.... I am bummin...

S

Simonator

The good news it was not in the area I live. I can "keep riding that thing". The bad news is that it was in a small town I used to live in. It was one of my favorite spots to cruise. He asked for my license and registration. I said all I have is an ID card. Then he went on about how how I need a drivers license, or a permit to ride it, and it has to be registered. I told him that I called Michigan secretary of state in Lansing, and was told that it is still classified as a bicycle. Therefor, it does not need to be registered. I made sure to be kind and give him my respect. Then he went back to his car, and grabbed his handy dandy book. He read to me the moped law. Based on what he read, he said it is definitely a moped, and it has to be registered. I didn't argue. I said I was just going by what the secretary of state told me, I don't know why they told me different. Then he let me go. he told me he doesn't want to see me riding it through that town again. He said He doesn't care if i ride it elsewhere. I am thinking it is just a matter of time before I am pulled over in my city and told I cant ride it :(

Unfortunately so cos that's the way it's heading........"just a matter of time"

I reckon you are riding your 70cc
when it all comes down to it
probably not legal to ride with out a license in most places -- including Calif

but you didn't get a ticket !!!

you are still riding that THING -- have fun

yes, it was the 70cc. The cop looked right at it and said he can tell its under 50cc. Those happy times look small :)

Lot's of folks from Michigan down here in Texas working.
We still have jobs !!!!!!
at least for now anyways !!!!
Lot's of skilled labor coming from your state. I guess do in part by the auto sititation.

Lot's of folks from Michigan down here in Texas working.
We still have jobs !!!!!!
at least for now anyways !!!!
Lot's of skilled labor coming from your state. I guess do in part by the auto sititation.

I have family in the fort worth area.

I talked to the Police Chief where I live. He said that the police can impound a vehicle that is not properly registered. He said that there was a guy with one of these racing lawnmowers riding around on a 5 lane road at 50mph. They impounded the lawnmower and it cost him well over $200 to get it out of impound because of the storage fees.

I know the police look the other way in my town, they let a neighbor drive his old Cushman around even though its not licensed. They have not hassled me for any of the weird bikes that I have built and I ride past the station. I think the police are being tolerant in my town. Its a small town, though, so I know some of the police and have known the chief for years.

When I read the law, any motor on a bike makes it a moped if it is under 50cc and a motorcycle if over 50cc. As soon as I get lights on my bike I am going to try to get it licensed as a moped. That is a lot cheaper than getting it out of impound. Even if you don't have a license, if you have a moped sticker on the back, you might not be hassled.

The good news it was not in the area I live. I can "keep riding that thing". The bad news is that it was in a small town I used to live in. It was one of my favorite spots to cruise. He asked for my license and registration. I said all I have is an ID card. Then he went on about how how I need a drivers license, or a permit to ride it, and it has to be registered. I told him that I called Michigan.......:(

In Michigan, I'm pretty sure you riding and MB's in general are not the worst problems to be dealt with.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Back