Oscar's Test Ride Put On Hold...

Hal the Elder

Local time
4:50 AM
Hello...

I just came down with the Gout, which means my foot will be out of action for a few days, meaning I won't be able to try out Oscar's new Higher-Compression Head and smaller Main Jet.

I'll have to temporarily cut out Alcoholic beverages, Caffeinated beverages, Red Meats and other High-Protein sources, and go on a bland diet, drink lots of water, take regular shots of Cherry Extract (a known Gout-Fighter), and keep my foot elevated.

So instead of twisting the Throttle, I'll be twisting the handle of my Cane, as I drag myself around the house!

In case you didn't know...Gout is PAINFUL!

Cheers...
HAL

(This must be my punishment for not using a Torque Wrench on the head!)

Last edited:
Hal -- hope that you and Oscar are back up and running soon...

my buddy suffers from the Gout
I don't think he knows about the Cherry Extract -- I will mention it to him

pulling for you to -- get well and ride that Oscar motor bike thing asap

Thanks, Mountainman!

Actually, anything with the natural chemistry of Cherries will help to neutralize the uric acid crystals that settle in the joints of the lower extremities, causing the foot pain.

This includes regular Cherries, Cherry Ice Cream, Cherry Soda, anything that has the essence of REAL Cherries in it. The Cherry Extract is just the essence of Cherries in super-concentrated form. The stuff my wife gives me to drink is "Black Cherry Concentrate", taken in a shot glass.

HAL

Hal, you should take daily doses of "Kirschwasser" (German Cherry Brandy). It's got the medicinal benefits of cherries + the [80 proof] secret ingredient will take care of the pain! I always bring a bottle back when I have business trips to Munich.

HEY GO-REBELS: (now what IS that man's name?)

Kirschwasser literally translates to "Church Water" in German.

I'm sorry, but the alcoholic content of such a libation would only serve to exacerbate a situation which I'm trying to ameliorate!

You must have some lofty occupation, with business trips to Europe!

WOW! I never knew anybody who conducted business in Foreign Countries!

HAL

Hal,

My sympathy goes out to you.

I understand your pain, I think at one time or another I've had an attack in every major joint.

Seems like it got better when I quit working due to stress, but it is time to start thinking about taxes (knock on wood).

Last edited by a moderator:
GENTLEMEN:

Thank you for your sympathy and for the Church/Cherry correction!

These "Gout Bouts" are usually over in less than a week.

Hal

Hope you get better soon. I would be going crazy with the pain and the unknowns about the improvements you made.

Jim

Back