Anyone know about Schwinn Electric OCC Choppers?

sangesf

Local time
4:27 PM
I'm looking to see if I can use 36v on the rear controller and not have any issues.

Will it work?

(It's usually a 24v system, but was wondering if 36v would work)

I haven't used one myself. But for motorcycle lovers out there, I have one suggestion. You may look out after a mechanic or a person who is really involved in things such as this. I am not pretty good in combinations like this one.

I'm looking to see if I can use 36v on the rear controller and not have any issues.

Will it work?

(It's usually a 24v system, but was wondering if 36v would work)

I have a Schwinn occ chopper electric bike. But the controller is burnt. Do you know anything about them? Or what controoler will work in it's place?

My understanding is that the controller must be rated for 36v if you want to use a 36v battery pack. That is because the controller prevents the batteries from being drained too low and the engine from being overheated. I don't think the voltage matters to the motor. If the motor is rated for enough watts, like 500w, it will handle 36v without burning up.
-If you change the controller to a 36v model, I would change the throttle as well. Throttle for 24 and 36v controllers are often different.
-Lastly, you need a brushless motor controller for a brushless motor and likewise, you need a brushed motor controller for a brushed motor.
This site sells a lot of controllers:
https://electricscooterparts.com/speedcontrollers36volt.html

I build motorized bikes for a living, used to. I want an electric, but 400.00 for a kit & battery seems darn expensive. Are they worth it. I am a serious rider, sometimes 30 miles a day. Ideas?

Back