clutch bearings

gubba

Local time
8:23 AM
question for the clutch experts.........
when you remove the large gear on the right side (with the pads) is it common that all of the little BB bearings fall out?
if so, how in the world do you get them (or new ones) back in???

TIA

gubba

stay dry

question for the clutch experts.........
when you remove the large gear on the right side (with the pads) is it common that all of the little BB bearings fall out?
if so, how in the world do you get them (or new ones) back in???

TIA

gubba

stay dry

Were there about 56 tiny ball bearings ? WAYYY under the clutch.
Welcome to no-mans land. Where Noman wants to be.
The guy who can help is named NORMAN. He is on another channel.

If you can find all of them or even buy replacements. You will need to use heavy grease and a lot of patience .
If not buy another kit, And use the existing one for parts.

thanx....
i found a retired gentleman who worked on these motors/clutches for 30 years.
if i can find stainles steel replacements he will install them for me.

stay dry

gubba

bearing replacements for clutch

i need to find the 50+ little BB sized clutch bearings wit good quality bearings.
does anyone know of 3rd party bearings.....

TIA

stay dry

gubba

Gubba,
I just posted to your other bearing post when I remembered that a good bike shop should have 'good' bearings that size. That is, if you can take them a sample.
WC

Hi everyone, We have used 3mm balls. a VERY lite coat of grease, on the inner race. too much it will sling the grease off and into the clutch pucks... that will hold the balls on until you press the outer race on..

Gayle

Attachments

• Copy of 11-8-08 050.jpg
    Copy of 11-8-08 050.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
bearings....

thanx all for the replys....
there is a Millers here in jacksonville...
i did not know what size they are... 3mm thanx
i'll try some local bike shops too...

stay dry

gubba

I just ordered some today but I had to order 300 as the minimum order so if anyone is interested in a packet of 60(couple of spares just in case) pm me. I'm in Canada but for the cost of the bearings and a little postage I would be happy to share. BTW they are chrome plated 3mm for long life and are coming from an industrial bearing supply house so they are good quality. I will have 3 lots to sell as I am keeping 2 for myself.

Cheers

Back