Stolen Green Motorized Mountain Bike STOLEN in San Luis Obispo, CA

Tom

Local time
9:16 AM
Stolen right from under my apartment. The thief cut the bike rack. My kryptonite lock is still locking the frame to the back wheel. Stolen between 2/9 and 2/10.

Below are some pictures. Note that the "unicycle" has been there for as long as I have; it was not stolen on the same night as my bike.

Attachments

• 100_2597.jpg
    100_2597.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 2,097
  • 100_2601.jpg
    100_2601.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 2,077
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 24,902
  • 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 10,679
  • 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 2,949
Sorry to hear that! I can't believe someone would go that far just to steal a happy time powered bike!! That is crazy man! I keep my bike in my apartment. I know I am violating my lease doing that, but I really don't care! Screw leaving it outside!

That's so messed up. I worry about mine sometimes, it's sitting next too 3 nice motorcycles but I still worry.

I'll keep an eye out, hope you get it back.

Well, from what I see here I can only come to the conclusion: people are happy to be living with thieves.
That would never happen if the laws were different.
What is the max penalty for lifting a bicycle? And if you say they get a smudge on their record..what the heck do they care.
That penalty based on value is wrong (like everything else), a thieve is a thieve and it doesn't matter what was stolen but that it was stolen, and there is no respect for the property of others.

I would suggest what I have thought of doing, large numbers grinded onto the bikes frame, and for the MBs also the engine.
Register the number and relax, but then again no system.

Last edited:
Well heck, if I knew I was going to stay up here by myself I would have kept my fingers shut.

Forget whether the penalty is $500 or over $1,000.00 in NY... But you might have grand larceny there Tom... Check w/PD!

Couple clues... Bike was locked (wheel to frame), had to be carried... How far to the nearest parking spot? That pipe looked cut by some sort of electric tool. Somebody who knows how to use that sort of thing and had to be strong to bend bar and carry bike!

Sad to say, probably somebody you knew.

Good luck Bro. hope you get it back soon!

Ok, one more and then I will....

Know anybody with a van carrying tools?

Possibly out or looking for work,

broke and needs fast cash.

My scooter was stolen not to long ago, I think that if I

had wanted I would have still had it, I was too relaxed, and knew it.

Put an add on Craigslist in your area for stolen bike...

Exactly what I'm getting at Cycledude!

At least you got people in all 50 and more looking for it!

Stolen Bike...Might help

From Florida...Here, Grand Larceny, or 'Theft-Over', is any theft of any object over $300 dollars, or certain items regardless of value such as a firearm, object deemed a relic, or...a Motor vehicle. Check with your local State Attorney's Office, if you are still in CA, or District Attorney's Office in a lot of other states [hint: Talk to one of the Investigators rather than one of the Asst. State Attorneys...you will get around the system much quicker, believe me. Make sure that the serial number of the bike, from under the pedal-crank usually (or on your original receipt) or any 'owner applied number' whether it is registered or not (just like a firearm), plus the engine serial number, and anything on the bike with a specific number like speedo, lights, gearbox are entered into N.C.I.C. plus your local computerized crime database...in fl it is F.C.I.C, in the states like IL, IA, MI, IN, OH, WI, and I believe MN it is L.E.A.D.S. [But be sure it all gets entered into F.C.I.C. -- that covers the 50 states, terrritories, and I believe Canada!!!]

If any numbers pop up in a pawn shop, either the bike or engine, it will be picked up by the BATF who monitors pawn shop books as well as the local police...they have a whole division to check such things. Motor vehicles which turn up at scrap yards, are also monitored by the FCC, as well as your local stolen vehicle division. They also go onto the state’s Highway Patrol or State Police hot sheets. They really do more than eat donuts and drink coffee, ya know!

Bottom line, if whomever stole it, if they junked it, pawned it or rode it, they will get caught for sure. If they took it to a chop shop to cut up for parts...chances aren't so good.

Last edited:
Back