LF's Trike powered by Titan Front Wheel Drive!

Hey guys! I've been away due to politics. I'm running for President but there's this whole loophole Born in the Philippines thing I'm trying to work out.

Anyway,saved up for Duane's new Chrome assembly. Looking good! Some noticeable improvements like extra holes on the carriage plate so moving the engine to fit any application is easily doable.
So that's going on Cronus for that's still my main ride but for grocery hauling/doggie carrying and hauling my trike fits the bill.
So I put my old carrier on my trike. It ain't done yet. Still little stuff yet to do. Then I gotta get Cronus going as well.
Till I can get up some more funds for now my Titan engine will be shared by both bikes.
Here's some pics.
Notice my torque strap. It stays put. At first I had it on the side but looking at it further I made it go more center. And look at how my engine sits!
I can't wait to ride this thing!
40 tooth sprocket from donor BMX bike. Bolted to the drum not the spokes.
I tell you,this trike is built pretty well.
Down the road I'll get some NoMoreFlat tubes on there. I know they work well on 20 inch tires.
The carriage holders needed a slight hole enlargement then it slid right up to the front axle. This is why I want to go with the solid tube up front. No having to change that front tire having to remove the carriage.

Attachments

• Photo0657.jpg
    Photo0657.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 539
  • Photo0659.jpg
    Photo0659.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 419
  • Photo0660.jpg
    Photo0660.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 426
  • Photo0662.jpg
    Photo0662.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 428
  • Photo0663.jpg
    Photo0663.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 431
  • Photo0664.jpg
    Photo0664.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 407
sweet, large.
sounds like a lot of work.

you said 'doggie carrying'....hmm....hook up a treadmill on the back for additional power, and make him earn his keep! haha.

have fun with it. i know you will. :)

PS- if i see your name on the bill while i'm taking a dump (i'm not liking mccain or obama) in the voting booth, you got my vote

About 5 minutes. Most of the work is unbolting the engine. Throttle takes a second as will the kill switch quick connect. If I wanted,I could turn the rope starter but that's optional really.
It's actually rather easy to hop off the trike and pull it from the front so I can play with the choke. With it warmed up and turned,pulling from the saddle is easy too!

The hardest part of the entire build was figuring out the sprocket frankenstined from the Donor BMX bike. Other than that the carrier install was as painless as installing it on any other bike. And the torque arm I had already planned it to go this way and didn't run into any problems.
I originally wanted to go with a regular front rim and bolt on the sprocket the way we all do but I really wanted to keep that drum front brake and those thick spokes.

Oh man I've been riding my 5 dogs so much and I can only take two dogs at a time more than that would be too cruel in that cage that they fight for their turn now! Here's some pics from the other day:

That first pic was me taking my flat tire to the tire place to have it fixed up. Sure beats having to drop my spare and drive my truck up!

The other two pics are Baby and Joe Joe.

I'll take pics of Ollie and Arial when I get a chance.

Arial is kind of an alone dog. She may need to ride alone or she may fight with any dog I put her with. She's a Yorkie. Ollie and Dozer are Dashhounds. Baby and Joe Joe are Dashound/Chiwawa mix born in my house. Ollie is the dad. Mom sadly we had to give away for she stopped getting along with everyone but she's in good hands.

Attachments

• Photo0672.jpg
    Photo0672.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 391
  • Photo0674.jpg
    Photo0674.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 379
  • Photo0678.jpg
    Photo0678.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 436
Back