New Carb Tuning

acetone is a subpar octane booster that will eat through your fuel lines and corrode your carb, but it does a good job lowering the viscosity of the fuel. I'm betting on your real problem being in your float

I've got another bike that did the same thing, bogging down at wot I dropped the needle checked for airleak, changed petcock. I ended up putting the stock pipe back on and a different nts carb on. No more bog but lately it'll act up then next day its fine. So how do I adjust the float? Do I bend the tangs down a little?

Who sells mainjets for the stock nts carb?and if I want reduce the amount of fuel in the float do I bend the tangs down or flatten them out. I think the is a piece junk, but its to be expected for the price

It seems that the wot bog is fairly common, so why doesn't anyone have a fix for it like sell a decent manifold and mainjets

wot bogs down

I can only speak for myself, when motor bogs at wot I shut the petcock off and the bog goes away til runs out of gas so what's the fix???I think its multiple choice with the weak cdi and the carb at the top of the list, hey wait a minute I think I answered my question:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I can only speak for myself, when motor bogs at wot I shut the petcock off and the bog goes away til runs out of gas so what's the fix???I think its multiple choice with the weak cdi and the carb at the top of the list, hey wait a minute I think I answered my question:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

easy, rich a/f ratio

Who sells mainjets for the stock nts carb?and if I want reduce the amount of fuel in the float do I bend the tangs down or flatten them out. I think the is a piece junk, but its to be expected for the price
The jets are sold by Sick Bike Parts, among others. The NT carbs use 5mm Dellorto jets, and come stock with a #70 size. I'd go with a #66 for a start. Don't know what your altitude is, mine is 900ft and I run a #64 with the needle set on the 2nd from top groove, and it pulls like crazy! Be cautious and don't go too lean, remember these engines are oiled by the fuel, and too lean will make the engine run too hot, possibly burning a hole in the piston.

Back