1999 whizzer stalling

mperoz

Local time
4:34 AM
I can't get ahold of this problem. Runs for 2-3 minutes then stalls, sounds like exhaust is coming throught the carb when it stalls. Cleaned the carb, new cdi, new coil. About 92 lbs of compression (after stalling). Removed the head (several times), both intake and exhaust valve seats are firmly attached, I even heated them with a propane torch to try to remove them and could not. I also cleaned the valveguides. Thought the head might be warped (a little) had it shaved. Could the intake valve seat be reseating itself after a brief cool down period??

How many miles are on the motor? It does sound like the valve seats have loosened up. If you have over 300 miles on the engine, I would bet that's the problem. It sounds like it is time for the NE upgrade.

Jim

Thanks for the reply. There is exactly 150 miles on that motor. Restrictor and baffles removed. I know that has got to be the problem BUT I just can't figure out why (when the head is off) I can't get the valve seats out...even with alot of heat. Also I guess there is no other way out besides an upgrade. What have you heard about some type of sleeve retainer and possibly setting the seats in (the block) with a set screw?

Back