Push Trailer Hookup

bikeman6969

Local time
11:30 PM
Does anybody have any ideas on how I could hook this up to my bicycle? I built it, but I am having trouble hooking it up to my bike.I don't know if it should pivot or if it should be solid. If anybody has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

Attachments

• push1.jpg
    push1.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 2,539
  • push2.jpg
    push2.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 1,274
Does anybody have any ideas on how I could hook this up to my bicycle? I built it, but I am having trouble hooking it up to my bike.I don't know if it should pivot or if it should be solid. If anybody has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

Make it pivot at the bike seat post so you can make turns. It's the simplest and most effective way of mounting your trailer without a complicated hitch add-on for the bike. Two pipes with a bolt before and after the seat post, and one in the seat post of the bike to keep it steady. Since your trailer is ONE wheel, make the hitch tight, so the trailer goes more with the bike. Even though my trailer is two-wheeled, you can look at my gallery if you want any ideas that may help.

Your trailer looks clean, and simple, but effective. After you get a few runs in, you'll need to change the 10" tire, because the treads will wear off and it will go flat. Try the Marathon or Amerityre flat-free solid poly tires to replace that rubber tire, and you will get less bounce on bumps, along with never getting a flat!

It looks like you have a nice workshop area to complete your Push Trailer project!

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BUILD!!!!!
ZnsaneRyder

Last edited:
Without checking CT law I can't be sure, but in most states trailers are legally seperate vehicles. Its not a bicycle, it's a unicycle trailer.

gee that makes it non compliant & ileagal- 146 cc as a motorized bicycle -motor assisted , according to the fed does not fly! see ya at the dmv!

Seriously wavygravy, STOP HATING on everyone that has over 50cc of engine.

Why don't you go and hate on all the 52cc, 70cc, and 80cc people here at MBc while your at it.

Also, DON'T forget the whizzer guys, gotta hate on them too. Those whizzer engines are just WAY too big to have here!

Post something useful, and stop RUINING our forum with this garbage.

H A T E R

This is all well and good, but can anyone answer the question that i originally posted? (see top of page).

Search through under Push Trailer or Pusher. You will get some pics of previous builds. Most use a an kids bike trailer and modify to the pusher. Im in the works of gathering material for mine and i will most likely just buy a used kid bike trailer for $40 so i can use the mount and swivel . Then i will weld the bar to my trailer granted i can find one made of steel and not aluminum. For $40-$50 bucks it might just be easier to buy one then to fabricate. Stop by your local bike shop and check out the kid bike trailer attachment on ideas.

Keep us posted on how it runs. My main concern is the power on hillclimbs. I will be using the 6.5HP from Harbor Freight.

Thanks For the pics. Im planning on just registering mine with the CA. DMV so i don't have to worry to much about the legalities. You might want to look into the gear ratios on the jack shaft so you get the most out of the engine for your needs. Znsaneryder has some great first hand advice on his project and materials. He can help you with gear ratio ideas also.

Let us know how the project turns out. Check out this link.

http://dragnfly.org/

Last edited:
Back