nice 36cc motorized mountain bike for sale

this is a nice 36cc motorized mountain bike . its a differant design than you are used to seeing , i designed this system myself it uses a one piece aluminum motor mount that drives the front sprocket of the bike alowing you to shift gears in the back , ive built a number of these bikes and they are very dependable , no clutch all automatic shifting , easy stopping and going , this would be a great lady's bike , i used a brand new 36cc scooter motor with electric start . E start is not hooked up yet, still making sure i have the wiring correct for the brand new 12 volt 7.5 amp battery . thiis motorized mountain bike has nice rubber twist grip throttle kill switch , click shifters and button for electric start . here is a link to the pictures of this bike , if you click the pictures in the link it will take you to my photo bucket and you will see alote of the bikes ive made pluss some detail pictures on assembling my kit .

or you can co to www.thescooterguy.org to see them . motorized mountain bike complete $300.00 or $350.00 with electrick start hooked up .

Last edited:
these are legally motorcycles right? I was under the assumption that it has to be motor assisted pedal drive. If you don't have pedals then it is a motorcycle to the dmv. Might be different in oregon. Also, are those the foot rests drilled into the frame?

in Oregon . 80cc and more you need motorcycle endorsement , 50cc to 80cc you need a drivers license , under 50cc you must be eligible to get your license but you don't actually have to have a license . and vehicle does not need to be license . ive really never had a problem . i just did a virtual test ride of this bike on youtube click the link below to see this bike
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tb9XGduecZI"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tb9XGduecZI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

that was dana , doing the test ride, she my favorite motored bike test driver , shes a brave one and pretty too . thanks for the phone call today dave , it was great talking with you .

ok, seems there is a bit of disambiguation of the law in CA. does anyone know if it would be legal for someone to ride on of these in California? (because it has no pedals) Also, upon further review it looks like the right crank arm was hack-sawed off. Seems a little dangerous having a sharp piece of metal spinning at a high speed. Although a fender could take care of that problem. Great idea by the way, one of the more simpler rear derailleur mechanisms and it also freewheels, right?

i dont know about the laws in cali but if you can ride a 49cc scooter then you can ride this scooterbike . as for sharp things flying around on the crank , there are no sharp ends its is very smooth , and it really doest spin that fast . did you take the virtual test ride , ? you can go to thescooterguy.org to see more pictures ,

California Law

Hi CA. Motorized Bicycle law is in part:
No pedals=no moped
No moped=not legal motorbike
No Pedals=Motor-Driven cycle
Motor-Driven Cycle= Mininum 47.00 per year license, AND insurance AND motorcycle license

It is written:
"capable of human propulsion, i.e. pedals"
"less than 2 gross brake HorsePower"
"less than 30 mph on level ground"
"Maximum of a 2-speed automatic transmission, incapable of being manually shifted"

There is more, but I cannot see how we need any more?

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Back