the Ultimate motored bike for me...

atomicmiata

Local time
7:41 AM
I live in the mtns, so my needs are:

- full suspension
- front disc brake
- shifter kit
- more HP to pull hills (expansion chamber + bigger carb, reed?)

---

what is the best (inexpensive, mountain) bike to start with?
has anyone fit an HT engine to this bike, 26" Mens' NEXT Avalon Comfort Bike?

anyone know of a source for inexpensive front disc retrofit parts?

thanks!
-steve

Attachments

• 0001675132680_500X500.jpg
    0001675132680_500X500.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 337
LOL, thats the brand new bike sitting in my back room i bought off line to motorize, at least till i got my 70cc motor kit. It wont go no way no how, without cutting the frame which i was going to do, but after mocking up engine i would have to darn near cut frame in half on bottom tube .It wouldnt be safe so i bought a kulana moondog. Good luck maybe a smaller motor would fit.Super nice bike

LOL, thats the brand new bike sitting in my back room i bought off line to motorize, at least till i got my 70cc motor kit. It wont go no way no how, without cutting the frame which i was going to do, but after mocking up engine i would have to darn near cut frame in half on bottom tube .It wouldnt be safe so i bought a kulana moondog. Good luck maybe a smaller motor would fit.Super nice bike

righto,
it was a 70cc I had in mind for it too :)
oh well, thanks for the usefull info!
the search continues...

-steve

If your dead set on this bike and want a 2 stroke there is a kit that is a friction drive 52cc or 53cc i seen on here that a guy sells the engine for like 148 or so , but you have to buy a drive and mount too which is another 170 but its a neat setup. Really halls some but on the video and its got that Hey look at me noise that i love from the 2 strokes.That way youd have the full suspension and a cool sound to boot. Keep us posted on which bike ya choose please.

If your dead set on this bike and want a 2 stroke there is a kit that is a friction drive 52cc or 53cc i seen on here that a guy sells the engine for like 148 or so , but you have to buy a drive and mount too which is another 170 but its a neat setup. Really halls some but on the video and its got that Hey look at me noise that i love from the 2 strokes.That way youd have the full suspension and a cool sound to boot. Keep us posted on which bike ya choose please.

Hey... I was checking out a search for 52cc engine and I think I am one of a few vendors if not the only who have this engine... It's got MAD power...:eek:... I don't want to promote too much because this is not the vendor area but I see you were, I think, talking about me???

You can check out my site at the link listed below...

I'll be in stock by mid October and I have a free shipping sale going on now...
:cool:
PEACE

HI,

Check out EZRiders bike....close to the ultimate....only thing I can think of it missing is the Shifter Kit for gears.... (his bike is based on the GT LTS frame and he has a Morini engine)...I recently bought a GT frame similar to his but have to get some time to put it all together.

Andrew

Oooop there it is! ;-)

Andrew

PS - That's his new one....I was originally talking about his "old" one but they are both GREAT!....I like the fact that the new one could be a production piece soon (well at least the frame)...

I live in the mtns, so my needs are:

- full suspension
- front disc brake
- shifter kit
- more HP to pull hills (expansion chamber + bigger carb, reed?)

---

what is the best (inexpensive, mountain) bike to start with?
has anyone fit an HT engine to this bike, 26" Mens' NEXT Avalon Comfort Bike?

anyone know of a source for inexpensive front disc retrofit parts?

thanks!
-steve

The motor can be mounted in the NEXT Avalon, it will just take a little work. I was also wanting to mount a motor on that bike so I started a thread on it but no one really responded until I had already mounted it in another bike. The thread I started is here.
https://motoredbikes.com/threads/will-a-49cc-fit-on-this-frame.12651/

Someone did mount a 70cc in the bike and there is a picture of there too. The frame should not have to be modified.

Friction is not that useful for a mountain bike if you take it off-road.

I'm waiting on the sickbikeparts shifter kit to come up with a 4 stroke shifter kit, in the meantime, I'm slowly developing my rackmount with CVT...

Back