Another carb Question.

D

Downtown

Hello, I have an 07 NE5 and am trying to locate a replacement cap (that holds the top on). I looked at the carb expecting to see the KEIHIN brand name but found that it is a JING-KE. I'm sure that probably indicates that I have a 22mm carb. Is this the brand Whizzer is using for a 22mm carb? I'm trying to find out where I can find this replacement cap as I twisted it too hard when it came off during a ride and I was wrestling with it because the carb doesnt really fit correctly. The cable is right up against the cantilever tube so I have ordered the intake kit already.

I'm sure Whizzer can get you one. The two carbs I've gotten from Whizzer for mine were different branded carbs than yours (and different then each other). These Chinese carbs they stick on the Whizzers are the worst and cheapest made carbs I've ever seen.

Thanks fsprandy you were right whizzer did have the cap screw just had to actually buy the whole top of the carb. I was afraid the way they used different brand carbs it wouldnt fit. At least I'm back up and runnin again.

After installing the top it now runs great but alas I have to put it up for sale. If any one is interested I have it listed with a pic and the particulars in the sal/trade section under the heading "Yellow 2007 Whizzer NE5 for sale".

Back