wind taken from my sails

tvfrfireguy

Local time
2:14 PM
After reading and lurking for three weeks here at MBC, I stumbled across a question about Oregon law governing these great fun bikes. I guess I am limited to 35cc. I weigh about 230# so what options are out there. Do cops stop these bikes and look at papers documenting engine displacement? Should I just go for it and be a rebel? Dave

hi dave; jump on it. we aint gattin any younger, although you will feel like its happenin. a 35cc subaru is bulletproof. mitch

If it was me I would buy a tanaka 47cc and a decal from a tanaka 32cc and put the 32cc sticker on it, cops will never know the dif.

If it was me I would buy a tanaka 47cc and a decal from a tanaka 32cc and put the 32cc sticker on it, cops will never know the dif.

I don't think that this would be to far of a stretch - 47cc to 32cc - should work - but - how easy is it to get that 32cc sticker ? I am riding the Subaru 35cc - like it a lot - here in Ca. MBs should be under 2 hp - so I think that I am legal - but - more hp could add up to a little more fun ? Happy Riding from - Mountainman

You can always contact the engine mfg and tell them you accidently scratched your sticker during a crash and request a replacement... I'd also bet you could go to almost any of those graphic print shops (the kind that do the car wraps etc for different businesses), and have them whip up one. Should not be too hard to give 'em a simple artist type sketch and let them turn out a few examples for you to pick from....

the golden eagle system with the Robin Subaru EHO35 is what I ride. I am about 220 and my bike is 60+ pounds. I can cruise at 20 for hours no problem. I use my bike for my commute. Teamgorrilla got a hold of a counterfeit Robin Subaru (with a plastic cam) and he holds it against the company.

That being said the eho35 will stall in 105+ degrees. This is a little inconvenient because you have to pull the cord at stop lights (though it starts with the first pull).

well - let me counter what I said before - just to get both sides covered. We had a family member (passed away now) who was an Asst. Chief of Police. This man was raised around go-carts, motorbikes and motorcycles. He had many police friends who also enjoyed riding with their kids on many different motor driven toys if you will. The Chief also rode at work for many years - they had Harleys back then. If we think for one minute that if this gentelman or one of his police buddies would have pulled us over that we could BS them into thinking that a 47cc is really a 32cc ?? Come on now ! Many if not most cops have had as many gas engines as we have - motorbikes, motorcycles, go carts, lawnmowers, weedwackers, small gas airplanes and the list goes on and on. Happy Riding from - Mountainman

Back