USA Staton-Inc Reviews

Anton

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
2:56 AM
motorized-bicycle-oklahoma-stanton-inc.jpg

Staton-Inc. has been a leader in the manufacture and sale of motorized bicycles since 1984. Stanton-Inc is an motorized bicycle dealer in Oklahoma.

Products: Engine kits, parts
Location: 3310 S. Brunson Street, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA, 73119

Last edited:
I've bought two kits from Staton, plus various other parts. The only part that had a problem was a kill-switch (toggle type) I bought later for the Mitsubishi TLE43 - it shorted out internally every time it was tightened down. I contacted Dave Staton, walked through the problem with him - he had me ship the defective switch back, and he sent me a rotary type switch instead, which worked perfectly.

In every case, the items I ordered were shipped quickly, and except for the one switch, of very high quality.

I ordered a 1" drive roller & 2 bearings at 2:00pm, Friday 8/01/08.
I rc'd my parts via UPS on Monday, 8/04/08.

A+++++

good stuff

ive got 3 kits from staton inc,and the kits are very good.customer service,,,, well ive found a bit difficult.ive been waiting a year for papers for a mitsu kit,and just did something else instead.i like talking to david staton hes a nice person,and if you got him on the phone you can get everything fast.i just figure hes busy,so i dont get ****y about it.:D

My history with David over the course of several kits has been very good. I always order via phone but we have exchanged emails in the past on several topics. He has always been up front and has shipped very quickly, I believe he may be going through an explosion in demand causing some degradation in email response. His products are top notch and after sale service is very good. You can tell he enjoys working with his customers.

I bought two kits from Staton Inc. A NuVinci gear and chain kit with mitsu TLE43 and a friction kit with TLE43. Everything he sells is of very high quality and shipping is very fast. Staton isn't the best through email but I've never tried calling him. The only problem I've seen with his kits is the spoke arrangement on my nuvinci lead to premature failure of the spokes at the nipples because they were kinked at the very ends. I had to get my rear wheel relaced in a two cross pattern due to the hubs large diameter in order to get the spokes to enter the rim straight like they should.
I would still buy from him again but if I were buying the nuvinci kit again I would save some money by ordering the kit from him without the fully assembled rear wheel. Otherwise his kits are bulletproof and I would trust my staton kits to haul me for hundreds of miles without ANY breakdowns or other issues.

One kit received -- Station friction drive Subaru -- everything about the Station Co. I would say is above average. Great help on the phone when I didn't know which roller size to buy. In touch at this time in regards to ordering some extra parts (e-mail) -- phone seems to be much faster. No hurry - everything is up and running.. Mountainman

I've been very happy with the quality of the pieces from Staton. I think the kit has been well engineered and will work properly for a long time. Having said that, they suffer from a lack of customer service and their instructions leave a lot to be desired. For someone not mechanically inclined, the install (of the chain drive kit, anyway) could be frustrating. I would buy from them again without thinking twice. I rated them above average instead of excellent due to their lack of real customer service/support. If you run into install questions, check the photos of customer rides on their website and you should be able to see where everything goes.

Warner

I second everything Warner said. Great product, mediocre instructions. I referred to the customer rides section pictures several times when installing.

Back