USA Staton-Inc Reviews

Anton

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
7:47 PM
motorized-bicycle-oklahoma-stanton-inc.jpg

Staton-Inc. has been a leader in the manufacture and sale of motorized bicycles since 1984. Stanton-Inc is an motorized bicycle dealer in Oklahoma.

Products: Engine kits, parts
Location: 3310 S. Brunson Street, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA, 73119

Last edited:
Yes- my bank told me today that the charges were not posted. They did not know why- either Dave withdrew the order or the charges were not approved for payment.
If Dave does not want my money, that's okay. He has both my email and phone number and could have contacted me if there was a problem, but I haven't received any communication from him as to why the order was withdrawn (if it was) or what else might have happened.
It was not denied on my side. I chose to get a new debit card today because I don't know what has happened and I don't want anyone I can't trust having access to my banking info.
Again, I don't know what happened, but you would think Staton would at least have left a voicemail or email message.

Yes- my bank told me today that the charges were not posted. They did not know why- either Dave withdrew the order or the charges were not approved for payment.
If Dave does not want my money, that's okay. He has both my email and phone number and could have contacted me if there was a problem, but I haven't received any communication from him as to why the order was withdrawn (if it was) or what else might have happened.
It was not denied on my side. I chose to get a new debit card today because I don't know what has happened and I don't want anyone I can't trust having access to my banking info.
Again, I don't know what happened, but you would think Staton would at least have left a voicemail or email message.

I've dealt with Staton for several years now. I'm sure if you can get in direct contact with David any issues can be resolved.

Purchased 1 kit. Honda GX35 Four Cycle 1.60 hp with the Friction Drive. 3 days shipping. Everything was well-packaged. Went together with no problems. I am very pleased with the kit and Staton's quality.

i was wondering if you sell and install the 4 stroke engine for bicycles and if you do,can i bring my bike down from canada and get one installed on my bike..ill be coming down thru there in a week or 2 on my way to texas.thankyou..

I have used my Staton FD kit with GX35 engine as my daily driver for about two and a half years now, it has delivered extremely reliable service throughout the entire time. I have been a fairly abusive owner (I weighed over 290 pounds most of the time and routinely towed a trailer with up to 100 pounds loaded in it in temperatures over 100 F. with the engine bouncing around on a rear suspension bike, used it in heavy monsoon conditions of water and mud/grit ((just flipped the quick release and added a little pressure down on the flat profile tire I use and this friction drive has no wet conditions issues)) etc.) and the only issues I had were created by me, I.E. I washed the lube out of the outside roller bearing using a car wash wand during clean-up
multiple times (I now have to pull that bearing's side cover and lube it up relatively often) and broke the throttle cable sheath hanging heavy shopping bags on the handlebars and the starter is ready for replacement as all the times I have had the bike fall over on the engine when I didn't use or properly use the kickstand has caused it to crack. The only Staton item that did not impress me with it's quality is the push-button kill switch.
Dealing with Staton was problematical in some ways for me, I never received any acknowledgement of any e-mail I sent and the replacement throttle cable I received does not fit my engine, not bad as far as I'm concerned for something that has delivered bullet proof performance with less maintenance over the last couple years than my HT needed every week or two and a range with the 64 oz. extra tank that has allowed me to make 60 mile round trips without refueling stops. The bike is shot (Wally-world Genesis Sabre) but the kit is going onto it's replacement when I get it next month.
I unreservedly recommend Staton kits as your starting point for a reliable daily driver over all others I have seen or had.

Last edited:
keyways in the 16.07 to 1 box are a bit sloppy, causing axial play which began to mushroom the shaft keyway at 2000 mi and would have eventually spun the 60 tooth gears. i replaced 3/16" keys with cheapo nickel plated stock which was a bit thicker and the whole system tightened up nicely. davids attention to details like these is a bit lacking imho.

Got a Zenoah two stroke with Japanese bearings. Easiest build I’ve ever done. It said high quality. I believe it, for a two stroke. It is the least smokiest engine I’ve ever used for Two stroke. I’m using synthetic, but still, very low smoke. Easy two start compared to other 2 strokes. Good quality pull start. Quieter than other two strokes, comparatively speaking. No cheap Chinese gas tank to mount and constantly adjust. No clutch cable wearing out and clutch arm to adjust constantly like the cheap Chinese ones. No motor chain to mount, adjust, or worry about breaking. Thought the tire wear would be worse than this, but not bad either, and I have cheap tires. No cheap Chinese carb back washing, leaking, and adjusting constantly. Thought I might be disappointed with less cc than the Cheap Chinese 66cc, but I AM NOT DISAPPOINTED. Very fast little engine without upgrades, especially after broke in. There are after market upgrades for these too on Dave’s Motors. Soon will get an expansion pipe. Not that I need it, but you guys know how it is. Very fast little engine. Something in my DNA had trouble getting a friction kit. There is just something about the center mount motorcycle looking bycycles, BUT I AM NOT DISAPPOINTED AT ALL WITH THIS LITTLE IT FROM Staton. Very good decision, with no regrets!

Great company to deal with. I ordered a whole bunch of chain n sprocket stuff + misc, and bcs it was for 2 diff bikes, I messed up on size of half-links and master that I needed. they tried to email me 2x after my order and went ahead and sent out seperately the actual size links I needed before I knew I even messed up and replied to their question! outstanding, and I only spent like $65, the mistake was like a $3 master and halflink they gave me free then haha. Solid business, shipping was fast and well-packed. I love these guys!

No smoke from a two stroke is not a good thing unless your running smokeless oil. Even then if it's not smoking at all you should richen a tad. No smoke is a complete burn and two strokes can't handle that. You need a little lube in there.

Back