License Plate --where to put it

mark2yahu

Local time
12:07 PM
After a month, I finally got my motorized bike registration and one license plate. I have a Golden Eagle setup, so there's no place to put it in the back.
Where else can I put the license plate?

After a month, I finally got my motorized bike registration and one license plate. I have a Golden Eagle setup, so there's no place to put it in the back.
Where else can I put the license plate?
Has to be clearly visible from the rear, must be lighted by a white light such that it can be seen at a distance of (I believe) 300 feet.

You are going to have to fab up a plate holder and light that will let you mount it on the rear.

Hi Mark -- I got interestest when I saw this post -- reason -- my Calif license plate should be in the mail ?? It's been at least a month since I went in and applied -- I HAD NOT PLANNED ON INSTALLING A LIGHT ON MY LICENSE PLATE !! I have been wondering where to put this thing when it comes in ?? Please let us know how the good old installation goes.. Happy Riding from - Mountainman

A license plate? Must be a Commifornia thing. Are they going to test your emissions as well :rolleyes:

I was in dollar tree yesterday and they have a cute little (white?) LED reading light that takes button batteries. Smaller and cuter than anything.

The side tube from the seatpost down to the rear axle seems like a common mounting point for plates.

I drilled an extra hole in the license plate so it would line up with 2 of the bolts that hold on part of the exhaust cover.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back