Tips I've learned from many builds-great newbie read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
However much you protest - the lack of total metrification is STILL an issue, especially and perhaps ONLY where Americans are concerned.
Yeah, and, so, what?
Let's start again, Hi, I'm grinningremlin, I have a sun ez-sport recumbent and a bridgestone mb-5 both run by a GEBE system, what kind of bike do you have?

What I posted has every thing to do the topic - as every one in the world is quoting fuel consumption in Kilometers per Liter, and the Americans - the minority, the mere 5% of the worlds population
Yeah, and, so, what?
I have taken it upon myself to educate those trapped in the delusion that they and their ways, are in fact, the centre of the universe, when they are not.
May I be the first to fall to my knees and thank you, thank you so much for the time you spent trying to help us poor ignorant waifs, but alas, we are beyond help you see, and better left to the wolves.Thank you again for the selflessness of your truly altruistic crusade.

Not one person outside of the USA uses miles either......
Yeah, and, so, what?

Show some maturity and ask all posters to use metric measurements in their fuel consumption figures... this way, 95 out off 100 readers will know what they mean. Some of them might even stop screwing imperial threads into metric threaded casings...
So you go to a MAB site to start your crusade???For such a verbose moron, you sure do come off like a moron.
The star date is 2013 - not 1688, and while you might light your home using whale oil candles, the rest of the world uses electricity - measured in metric amounts too.
So everybody should do as the majority, and swap a whole system on your decree?I suggest you prepare for a long life of disappointment.

Last edited:
Gremlin - your boring.
Depends on your view.If you're a 33 year old know it all, who enjoys chiding people for things he doesn't understand, and finds doing math on a public forum exciting/riveting, then yes I'm boring.
What I also am is a better speller than you, it's "you-your-you're" as in "your world view is a waste of time" and "you're" as in "you're a sad little man".
You are a dink, and your life must s.u.c.k. a.s.s. Enjoy your long life of disappointment.

Beside that - your metric converter is 7 years old, as you have said, so therefore, it's out of date and no longer relevant.
hehehe (I am busting a gut here)!
Ya, we have to change our tape measures and measuring cups and gas pumps and thousands of other things every year to accommodate the way we randomly change measurements but call them the same thing, it's good for the economy ;-}

Really though, for those of you that want to convert most any form of any measurement known to mankind this little 500K .exe can do it with ease.

1_convert.jpg.FP

It does measurement conversions in units you have never even heard of for things you don't even know and then some, very cool and when I first installed it I spent a lot of time just looking at all the measuring scales for any given type of measurement ;-}

once had a very odd failure, chain guard failed to guard the chain from a squirrel, got pulled into the small sprocket and busted the block,,,,, dead serous, a squirrel killed my bike

I realize this thread is really old but To OP or someone making a new list, You need to add something very important to this list that I don't see on it as I used this as a guide when I installed my 1st motor and had a catastrophic motor crankshaft failure cause of it.
"Check Magneto to coil clearance."
My 1st motor ran "OK" So I thought, for 3 weeks till it just died out of nowhere. Turns out the magneto flew apart and broke the crankshaft and I found evidence of it hitting the coil, looked like for awhile.
It also did not run anything like the new one I have now, that 1st motor would cut out when trying to run it at higher rpm's.
I just didn't know how it was suppose to run as it was my 1st bike motor and I figured since I am such a big heavy rider I thought the sluggish power was "normal" for break in period.
If only I would have pulled that mag cover before the failure it would have saved me a lot of time and the expense of a new motor. All the signs were there, I should have checked it!
What confirmed all this is when I got the new motor last week (from the same place as the 1st motor) the 1st thing I did was pull the Mag cover and I noticed It was hitting the coil on 1 side! I adjusted it and installed it and night and day difference in power! the 2nd motor easily has twice the power on the 1st tank of fuel then the 1st had on its 3rd tank right before the crankshaft snapped!
So check that mag to coil clearance on these, the chinese don't seem to understand theres suppose to be a gap on both sides!

Last edited:
Awesome thread with lot's of great input! But if it's not too much trouble, I feel like the big explosive exchange of 'you're stupid' and 'yeah well you're ugly' starting about halfway down page 9 should be cut out just to preserve the sanctity of such a wonderful build advice thread.

I don't think that I have seen much about replacing the HT cylinder studs with a better grade. Is this a must do also? Mine measure 4.5" ,8mm. Whats your take on this? Also < Received my engine this week, removed the head, and cylinder, to check for debris in the case, and found the there were two gaskets , Remove one for spare,or install both?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back