Chinese 2 stroke- Wiring How To's (basic and advanced)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The kill switch wires can be switched, all they do is complete a circuit.

:::::WIRING GUIDE :::::

Okay, first we will take note of our wires.

NOTE: Different brands tend to use different colors for some wires, so use the process of elimination to determine what color a wire is if it is not stated here.

*Kill Switch Wires : Green Wire & Red/Yellow Wire.
*Engine Wires : Blue Wire & Black Wire & White Wire.
*CDI Wires: Blue Wire & Black Wire.
*Other Stuff: Wire Cap

Now that you know what wires you have, it's time to connect them.

1. Engine's Blue Wire to CDI's Blue Wire.
2. Engine's Black Wire to CDI's Black Wire.
3. Kill Switch's Green Wire to Engine's & CDI's Black Wire.
4. Kill Switch's Red/Yellow Wire to Engine's & CDI's Blue Wire.
5. Engine's White Wire to Wire Cap.

May I add..when connecting the wires, just wrap them together without the kill switch hooked up. After getting the engine running, hook up the kill switch and test (some kill switches arrives DOA), then make all connections as you would like to finish the project.

Ron,
I used to run the kill switch between the black and blue wire like you do. About every 5th time killing the engine it would shock me (If I were grounded to the bike frame). I got kinda humorous to see me cringe as I went to turn it off. I finally went back to grounding it like the factory says, between the white and the black wire. two years later. no shocks or blown coils or any problems.

I think it's an urban legend that grounding the white wire to kill the engine hurts anything.

Bryan Smith
Summerville, SC

Ron,
I used to run the kill switch between the black and blue wire like you do. About every 5th time killing the engine it would shock me (If I were grounded to the bike frame). I got kinda humorous to see me cringe as I went to turn it off. I finally went back to grounding it like the factory says, between the white and the black wire. two years later. no shocks or blown coils or any problems.

I think it's an urban legend that grounding the white wire to kill the engine hurts anything.

Bryan Smith
Summerville, SC

It doesn't happen all the time, but your zapping issue is more rare an occurance than the white wire working in the kill switch circuit.

I can tell you for certain that with the white wire in circuit and grounding to the frame, the white wire can continue delivering enough power to get a spark, which leads to another spark etc. This has happened to me, and since going to the 3x3xCap method, I haven't been zapped, nor has my kill switch failed.

I would think you either have a faulty kill switch, a faulty wiring job, or a faulty boot.

Since you do decent wiring then, I'd still think you're getting zapped by the boot or the k/s.

The white wire has no place in circuit - do the math and it doesn't make sense why you'd have it in there when compared to grounding in the 3x3xCap style.

And the chinese who wrote the manual and designed the engine obviously don't know best.

I have fuel, but no spark

I just bought a used 80cc and bike. The motor is fairly new, previous owner says it ran fine until the muffler fell off, when he replace the muffler it hasn't ran since (sounds fishy to me).

I have a blue, black, & white wire coming from the magneto, they are connected blue to blue, black to black, & the white is capped off. There is a yellow/white wire that goes to the kill switch and a green wire that goes to ground. But I have no spark.

how can I check the magneto output and the CDI output? What readings when I check voltage and/or resistance from the CDI?

Any suggestions as to what may be wrong and any suggestions on other tests I should run?

Help Please

Trio_Wire.jpg

blue/green to blue/green (pos)

black to black (neg)

white capped off, or used for single 6V/3W bulb (pos)

insulate the connections from ground & each other

splice killswitch into blue/green connection EDIT:see link in post #5
(with a 2-wire switch, one wire into blue/green splice, other side to ground/frame)

kindly post this link in reply to any questions about basic wiring.

So the WHITE WIRE is an extra for add on utilities ??

_

it makes no difference whatsoever which way you wire the kill switch it just shorts the circuit to cdi its just a normally open switch im an electrician my best advice ditch the spade connectors buy some adhesive heat shrink solder your joints and cover with the heat shrink so to recap black to black blue to blue white is just a volt tap off for lights i wouldnt use it then feel free to connect your kill switch however you want young man as long as 1 goes to black and 1 goes to blue all is good

My kill switch is wired like everyone says, but it STILL won't work. Instead of a black and white wire coming from my switch, I have a red/yellow wire and a green wire. My bike is wired like this

Blue engine - Blue CDI
Black Engine - Black CDI

Red/Yellow Killswitch - Blue CDI
Green Killswitch - Grounded to frame

What could possibly be wrong here?
1 wire from kil switch to black 1 to blue it doesnt matter which it just short circuits the signal to the cdi nothing to grounded on bike frame lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back