Crashed, Yikes

So I was riding my bike around, and my back brakes got messed up and didnt work. I was thinking, OK, Ill just motor home and fix them up. I am riding down the street, and a car comes and pulls out of an alley. I had just put fenders on the bike so I was thinking, ****, I need to stop, and FAST. I tried to put my foot on the front tire to slow me down, (doin around 50kms) and I totally missed the tire and my foot got caught in the forks, YIKES, so there I was, flying over the handlebars, so I have some advice to everyone. If your brakes fail on a ride, TURN YOUR ENGINE OFF, and pedal home and fix it. My helmet saved the day though, there's big chunks out of it and its scraped up pretty good. So I got to spend the day in the emergency room, left with crutches from the stupid forks and spokes. Well you live you learn eh. lol.

HAPPY RIDIN

Attachments

• sendBinary.asp.jpeg
    sendBinary.asp.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 608
  • sendBinary.aspb.jpeg
    sendBinary.aspb.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 390
  • sendBinary.aspf.jpeg
    sendBinary.aspf.jpeg
    53.2 KB · Views: 429
hi bry; wow, i hope you are better off than those forks. good your head was covered. how about gloves? did the driver help? good luck. mitch

Wow - glad you are on the mend.

Seems like my brakes are a bit of a weak link at high speeds - for that reason I have become self regulating. The whole look ahead and think ahead, is a big learning curve for new riders as well.

wtf.. some these stores i hear on here i just don't understand ..i have the same fenders sounds like a good ideal to stop i bet that front screw came off and thats how your foot got stuck ..iam happy you are ok sorry for your pain ,,jumping off the bike would have been better you had time the bike is cheap compared to the pain and bills,,, guys we are all goin to dam fast we need better brakes even look at moped brakes they dont squish the rim

guys we are all goin to dam fast we need better brakes even look at moped brakes they dont squish the rim

Exactly. I shudder when I hear some of the younger people ask, how fast can this thing go. They just don't understand the laws of physics. If you are going to go FAST, you better have the capability to stop FAST.

Oh, NO! Its the sticker guy!

I hope you have no long term problems in your foot. I know hind sight is
20/20. But that said, the 1st thing that came to your mind was to stick your foot in a pinch point?:eek::confused:

Get Well Soon!

SO.....
Does anyone have any ideas on better brakes? Someone said moped brakes? lol, Ya I was trying to use the front brakes, but the bike I bought at canadian tire and the brakes are not that great on them, ($99 supercycle) I went out and looked at my front brakes and they are right down to the metal, I am not gonna ride the bike until I can find something that WILL make me stop fast. The guy in the car did stop and get out, and offered me a ride to the hospital if I needed one. Im in canada, we dont get big medical bills for stuff like that, I had 6 x-rays done, had a splint put on my ankle, gave me crutches, and I didnt pay a thing?? I couldnt imagine having to pay for things like that. Anyways, I am looking for some brakes lol, some GOOD brakes. All the input i could get would be great.

HAPPY RIDIN

I hope you have no long term problems in your foot. I know hind sight is
20/20. But that said, the 1st thing that came to your mind was to stick your foot in a pinch point?:eek::confused:

Get Well Soon!

All I knew was that i needed to stop, and fast. It was the dumbest thing ive done on my bike so far, believe you me, that wont happen again lol.

Back