6.5HP Bicycle Pusher Trailer

I saw your side pusher on this site and thought it was neat and different so I reproduced it on a $50.00 Walmart mountain bike. I rode it in the ST.Pete rally and it rode great untill I sucked something into the carburetor. Znsane Rider drained the bowl and it ran great after that. I added a piece of angle iron to the frame mount and a spring to hold pressure on the wheel now I have very little bounce when I take off. Two of my grandsons and I rode our bikes thirty five miles last sunday without any breakdowns. Thanks for the design Motormaker hope you dont mind.

Glad to see you back ky biker!!! That side pusher was really nice, and it did well with the OHV 2.5HP, and I was glad you came all the way from KY to ride with us!!!! I really liked how you engineered the springs to keep it from bouncing! I rode along side of you, and never seen any signs of instability, and you actually did better on turns than I did IMO. And once again, thanks for the 49cc blue sticker, my bro is pleased!!!

It's great to see you and Motormaker speaking to each other about the side pushers. When I first saw the side pusher, it really reminded me of motormaker's pusher, but yours is a bit different, but the resemblance is there for sure!

BTW, I REALLY LOVE that throttle cable setup on your 2.5. I borrowed your idea on that one for my brothers 2.5HP engine on his push trailer, and it WORKS GREAT!

And MotorMaker, your side pusher design is legendary. I may just build one myself, and I have a Briggs 2HP engine already. Simplicity and function at it's finest for sure.

Hey Znsane, Do you have any more pics of the guy with the side pusher? Now that I take a closer look it is astonishing how much it looks like my design. Who ever made that one made it longer and wider but it is amazing how similar they are. Just curious. I wonder if he saw mine and made his or if great minds think alike.

I don't have any more pics, but it seems KY Biker found your post before I did, LOL. The pusher is very impressive. The OHV 79cc 2.5HP works and looks great, and it's lightweight, just like a 3.5 briggs, and it kept up just fine, and held pace well compared to some of 2 strokes.

I have been eyeing that $99 HF engine as well. It looked good to me, lighter weight. Still plenty of power. As soon as I saw one I thought I wonder if I can find a 50cc decal for this thing. I cruse on mine at 24-26 mph. So power isn't really an issue. I used a 3.5 Briggs because it was the smallest 4-stroke I could get for a reasonable price. I get 100mpg now. I am sure a 2.5 with OHV will help with economy. I like to see changes and improvements to simple designs. Everyone has their own spin on things. People from different backgrounds use different construction techniques. I fully expect every one built to be different in one way or another. I hesitated to put my designs out there for everyone to see. However I am glad I did. Others having cheap fun with my design inspire me to build more. "Stude 13" built one from an occ chopper and a gas scooter. I can not take full credit for this thing. I am simply "standing on the shoulders of giants" so to speak. The side pusher is a very old idea. I just revived it for a few more generations. I was thinking about calling it the "Motormaker style side pusher". What do you guys think? I don't know about legend status. The only legend in this thread has a 50 mph hand truck pusher.

Last edited:
Motormaker I have a few more blue stickers (2hp 49cc made in china) if you would like one or two email me your address and I will mail them to you free for using your design.

Motormaker I stuck two stickers in and envelope and put them in my mail box. Hopefully the the local police will leave you alone after seeing the sticker on your engine.

I hope so too. An ounce of prevention and all that. Hey thanks for the tags. I was wondering if you used the pivot bolt like I did or did you use a different method on yours?

I hope so too. An ounce of prevention and all that. Hey thanks for the tags. I was wondering if you used the pivot bolt like I did or did you use a different method on yours?

I welded a 1/2 pin into the frame mount and drilled an 1/2 hole into arm on trailer and slid it on and pinned it with a clip pin.

It's been a great pleasure, and one heck of a life-changing experience being able to ride around on a motorized bicycle! It has allowed me to see and learn more of the world, and has brought some great experiences.

Before this ever started, I would have NEVER thought in any of my wildest dreams that I'd be riding 52MPH :devilish: on a bicycle, or be riding to Tampa & St Petersburg on one.

It's truly been great, but I have to park the machine for now. Yesterday, I severely broke my badly worn-out clutch, and a piece of the clutch wedged into my engine's oil seal, and severely damaged it, and my engine sprays motor oil from the seal all over the trailer when it's running. I pedaled over 15 miles in town and on the side of the highway towing that heavy trailer, and I LOVE the fact I have pedals, so I'm never stranded when it's broken down - the true advantage of the bicycle. :geek:

It's back to the pedals for me!

I want to thank MBC and the great support of folks here that have allowed me to pursue my dream of riding a motorized bicycle!

As you can see in the pictures, the trailer and bicycle came a very long way from when it originally started!

Crazy Riding,
ZnsaneRyder :giggle:

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 448
  • IMG_1380MB.JPG
    IMG_1380MB.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 534
  • 056a.jpg
    056a.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 1,037
  • DSC02642.JPG
    DSC02642.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 503
  • DSC02644.JPG
    DSC02644.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 5,244
Last edited:
Check the Mcmaster Carr website to see if you can find a new seal. If you can get the dimensions and a pic of the seal I can look it up in my catalogue. The web site catalogue can be difficult to use. It shouldn't be too bad to replace. I can also compare it with my engine if you post a pic of the part.

Back