Pre-build checklist: Things all new owners should do with these 2 stroke kits...

rumme

Local time
5:40 AM
I thought this thread might make a good " sticky thread" to be permanently posted at the top of this specific forum if the moderators agreed. It would be a thread totally devoted to things that need to be done/ checked before running a new engine :

1. Clean out gas tank because it may have metal filings in it and install a inline fuel filter.

2. Dont use the stock method for shutting engine off. Purchase a switch and hook it inline on the blue wire/ hot wire from cdi to engine and use that to turn engine off/on

3. get a torque wrench and double check the head bolts. Mine shoulda been at 17 lbs and they werre only at 12 lbs torque

4. make sure all bolts on carbereutor are tight. One of my bolts that holds the bottom bowl on was very loose

5. make sure intake gasket properly fits carb exhaust port and engine intake...if not, cut it for a better fit.

6. ditch the chinese spark plug and get a ngk-B6HS

7. gap it at .020 so theres a bit stronger spark

8. put small lockwashers on the 2 bolts that hold the carbereutor intake flange to the engine intake

9. recheck all nuts/ bolts after 1st tank of gas.

10. make sure to provide a support/fastener to the muffler to the frame instead of relying on the 2 small exhaust bolts to hold the muffler suspended in the air.

Does this sound cool ...or does anyopne else have things to add ? I figured it would be very convenient to have these important procedures listed all in one thread so all newbies could easily find it/ read it.

Last edited:
" you tie them together with wire, or like stated I used small zip ties"
Sounds like a very good thing to do, but can't picture in in my old mine would you be able to post a photo
thanks in advance...

I will throw in this...
Replace the crap nuts, bolts and etc with quality stainless steel components...

My clutch lever is bent to allow for this, but, at some point during shipping, the lever was also bent upwards, shearing some of the metal on those little metal splines off and effectively getting the arm stuck.
Aside from putting the arm in a vice and knocking it off roughly with a hammer, Im not sure how to get it off now that its an obtuse angle.

but what if i tell you that i cant screw the bolt back in?I really dont have much a choice ,is there another alt?

if the screw is stripped, get a new one

if holes are stripped tap it out to slightly larger size or get a new pressure plate or drill & tap a new hole in plate you have

I was trying to avoid doing any of those listed,not like i have the ools for those jobs,and im trying to not have something shipped out either.

It would take a lot to have that flower nut to move,its pretty darn stuck on the shaft
but if all else fails,ill have no choice to do one of the above,thanks

pull the clutch while cover is off & see for yourself how "stuck" it is

your choices are to fix it or let it break past the point of being fixable

Back