Tubes anyone use these "no mor flats" airless tires?

astring

Local time
3:48 AM
I want to avoid flats and I am going to put them on the mbike I'm going to make (as soon as the kit arrives). Any thoughts?

I have a NoMorFlats on the back of my bike. Clotho's Bike

It rides a bit mushy but it doesn't go flat anymore. I found after awhile that I grew used to it. I still check the spokes for tightness and the rim for straight, from time to time. So far so good.

My front tire was never a problem so I left the tube in it. I just put the NoMorFLats on the back. I think that the handling is a bit better with the tube in the front than it would be with a NoMorFlats up front.

Where did you find your NoMorFlats?

Last edited:
I have a NoMorFlats on the back of my bike. Clotho's Bike

It rides a bit mushy but it doesn't go flat anymore. I found after awhile that I grew used to it. I still check the spokes for tightness and the rim for straight, from time to time. So far so good.

My front tire was never a problem so I left the tube in it. I just put the NoMorFLats on the back. I think that the handling is a bit better with the tube in the front than it would be with a NoMorFlats up front.

Where did you find your NoMorFlats?

Walmart::mad: (who I hate)

I'm using Bell Flatblocker Max. LIFETIME GUARANTEE! They have taken some hits. I only loose 10 psi every week. I ride at least 50 Mi per week. Oh, and they are only 10 bucks each!

Last edited:
What is Flatblocker Max? Is it stuff you put *in* the tire (tube)? Where do you get it? Will it work with Presta valves?

What is Flatblocker Max? Is it stuff you put *in* the tire (tube)? Where do you get it? Will it work with Presta valves?

Its heavy duty tube with sealer in it. The box measures 4" x 4 1/2" x 10"! I got it at the dreaded WAL-MART. If its not stocked on the shelf they maybe online at WAL-MART.com.

What is the advantage of Presta valves?

Last edited:
If you are losing 10psi per week, you might try to check the valve stem to make sure the core is tight. Might be leaking a little air past the core.

I'm running slime tubes in mine. Thought about some no mor flats, but so far the slime tubes have been fine. I do 95% on road riding and the roads are pretty clean here, so havent had any problems yet.

If you are losing 10 psi per week, you might try to check the valve stem to make sure the core is tight. Might be leaking a little air past the core.

I'm running slime tubes in mine. Thought about some no mor flats, but so far the slime tubes have been fine. I do 95% on road riding and the roads are pretty clean here, so haven't had any problems yet.

Thanks for the tip, I've never adjusted them. Would really know what too tight would be.Its only 10 psi between both tires. I know I've punctured them 3X. I have some Slime. I may slime'em too if I have too mess with the valve stem anyway.

I just had a flat on my Whizzer, the tubes and tires are original (1998). I found some pre-slimed tubes at a garage sale for $1 each, but I was considering some Armadillo tires with kevlar. Anybody running Armadillos on a Whizzer?

The problem I had with No More Flats airless tubes is flat spots developing as the tube broke down. You never got a flat tire so to speak but did get a unevenness or a flat spot in one or more areas of the tube. Also they weigh a ton and are harsh riding. I would use a strong tire like the Continental one the police use and sealer in a thorn resistant or regular tube. It is common to need to air up a bicycle tire weekly. The heaviest tube and tire combo is way thinner than a car or truck tire. The air is part of a bicycle suspension so is softer riding than a no more flats.

Last edited:
Back