Chain Tensioner Spring Return Chain Tensioner

We seem to be rounding a corner here Gents!

With advent and adaptation of a chain tensioner has anybody considered a full suspension ht?

Is it possible? Input please???

P.S. Although off topic, Filled her up w/93 octane tonight and boy ohh boy what a difference! Quieter and more power! Base gasket was removed due to head bolt problems (resolved now) this increased compression like crazy. The high octane worked miracles!

I've seen some full suspension bikes with the rear damper outside the triangle so it might allow a frame mounted Ht but these bikes are so expensive who would want to spoil them with an HT motor. For full suspension the rear mounted Staton, probably with an NV hub, is really the only answer I can think of. Sir Jakesus has one in with pictures in the picture gallery and on the 4-stroke thread.

Does anyone know where I might get these chain and tensioner parts in Sydney Australia?
Their aren't too many tractor shops near the Harbour Bridge.

Does anyone know where I might get these chain and tensioner parts in Sydney Australia?
Their aren't too many tractor shops near the Harbour Bridge.

I'm afraid all our hardware shops have become franchise chain stores that all stock the same standard Chinese crud. One of those Adelaide chaps might know. I'll have a think about it and see if I can help you. There are a few good hardware shops left in remote parts of the bush.
Post the link to what it is you want so we don't have to search all over to find out. Make it easier for us to help you.

that tensioner looks to be VERY SOUND

the chain rides nice and deep

ride that thing

I have a couple of hundred miles on that tensioner and can report back that it is sound and adds a more quality feel to the ride as it is spring loaded and keeps the chain from flopping around. I have never had any type of chain problem, such as jumping off the sprockets and such. It quiets down the chain too. It aligns perfectly in the center of the chain. The sides of the tensioner never touch or guide the chain, low friction too. I should post some new photos as I have tweaked the design slightly to make the tension on the spring adjustable. I want only as much tension needed to get the job done. That reduces friction and wear and tear on the tensioner wheel.

Also see my newly fabricated expansion chamber here:
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=15861

found those parts and picked them up at Farm and Fleet here in Arcade NY.
Thanks a million to all the members here with good advice!

tensioner $9.98
spring $3.00
41 chain $14.95

Jusy checked, farm and fleet are out of business, found chain tensioner and spring for 15 dollars plus 12 dollars shipping at baja mororsports, expensive but Tractorsupply does'nt carry them online.

Jusy checked, farm and fleet are out of business, found chain tensioner and spring for 15 dollars plus 12 dollars shipping at baja mororsports, expensive but Tractorsupply does'nt carry them online.

That's useful info thanks but could you post a link to the item or give us the item description so we can look it up?

Back