Chain Tensioner Spring Return Chain Tensioner

nice tensioner

found those parts and picked them up at Farm and Fleet here in Arcade NY.
Thanks a million to all the members here with good advice!

tensioner $9.98
spring $3.00
41 chain $14.95

Spring Return Chain Tensioner - Inside Mount

Inspired by misterright1_99 tensioner from TSC, I fabricated one where the TSC tensioner mounts from the inside of the bracket. As I don't have a vise or a torch, I started with an off the shelf 1 1/2" U-bolt muffler clamp ($2 bucks). The seat tube is 1 1/8" so close enough. I made a bracket with 3 holes in it out of scrap metal. The tensioner mounts on a 3/8" x 2" bolt.

Attachments

• tensioner1.jpg
    tensioner1.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 1,073
  • tensioner2.jpg
    tensioner2.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 998
We seem to be rounding a corner here Gents!

With advent and adaptation of a chain tensioner has anybody considered a full suspension ht?

Is it possible? Input please???

P.S. Although off topic, Filled her up w/93 octane tonight and boy ohh boy what a difference! Quieter and more power! Base gasket was removed due to head bolt problems (resolved now) this increased compression like crazy. The high octane worked miracles!

Last edited:
the jackshaft shift kit from sick bike parts should allow for that now.

this spring tensioner mod may be good for a full suspension with small to modest travel...

Inspired by misterright1_99 tensioner from TSC, I fabricated one where the TSC tensioner mounts from the inside of the bracket. As I don't have a vise or a torch, I started with an off the shelf 1 1/2" U-bolt muffler clamp ($2 bucks). The seat tube is 1 1/8" so close enough. I made a bracket with 3 holes in it out of scrap metal. The tensioner mounts on a 3/8" x 2" bolt.

Looks good................

don't want to be a threadjacker but i need 2 of the tension/roller brackets that come with many of the HT type kits and bolt to the chain stays (frame legs) that everyone hates and are replacing with all these good ideas of better ones.

someone got one or two to unload ?

thanks,
steve

Back