My first project

delorean_mac

Local time
5:36 AM
Hi! I am starting my first project and I have a coupe of questions. If you change the carb on a lawn mower engine, then can you tilt it sideways and use it for friction drive? Also, does anyone have plans for mounting an engine for friction drive? I have a mountain bike already, I just need an engine, which is proving to be a challenge... I can't find a weed wacker locally on craigslist or freecycle. I need to find an engine for under $10. Can anyone help me?

Hi delorean. Welcome to MBc! Home of many answers, and awaiting your ideas.
Sorry my friend, no. Oil will dump into the crank/piston/head area. This is why they make a horizontal shaft engine.

General request to all new members.
Please, before posting any questions, do a search. Then READ,READ,READ.
There is a ton of information here. Many of your engine and performance issues in the Garage & Tech/Mech Help have already been covered. Here at MBc we are the home of nearly all MoteredBike questions. If you search and are unable to find your answer, don't hesitate to post your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :D}
Here's a great crash course post "link" to get you started.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=10392

Thanks

Thanks for the link - very helpful. I'm sorry for being such a noob:), but I am just very frustrated that I haven't been able to find a cheap weedwacker in my nieghborhood for weeks now. Thanks!

Welcome to Mbc, check pawn shops, garage sales and craigslist for used garden equpitment.

Thanks to all. I believe I have found a motor suitable for my project. It is a 28 cc weedwacker on craigslist for 20 bucks. It was the cheapest I could find. I hope to get it soon...

Back