tagalong and trailer pushers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• lrg_motorized_trailer.jpg
    lrg_motorized_trailer.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 1,001
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man I'm so excited some dude at Craigslist is giving away a broke riding lawn mower.
Check out the pic.
Do you see a trailer pusher in there?

I bet it's a belt under there. Get a smaller tranny pully that should speed her up.
Maybe change to a sprocket chain with centrifical clutch.
Do you see that gear box?
That's right. Put it in neutral when your just peddaling.
Put it in high when your cruising.
Stop and put it in low when your about to climb a hill.
And it looks like any old lawnmower engine should work.
Then I can cover it all up!
Man if he still has it I'm snagging it.
...I need to get a welder....

Attachments

• oh man.jpg
    oh man.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 1,006
6 HP is a great deal of grunt...what would your cops think of that?
Our cops are pretty good when it comes to motorized bicycles but i'm sure if they saw a pusher they would be obliged to pull u over...probably drawing the line and booking you.

BTW...that lawnmower seat looks great...comfortable.

PS...gotta agree with u about a welder...i just bought one........it's not a MIG but atleast it's a start.
PSS...i also bought one of those auto flash welding helmets...it cost as much as the welder itself but GEEZ their good.

HE STILL HAS IT!!!

I'm picking it up TOMORROW!!

It's gonna so rule....

I'm assuming that engine is toast...but it probably just needs electricals I bet.

Yea 6 horsepower....that's why I want to cover it! :cool:

LF,

You sound like a man with a plan, I can hear them wheel aturn'n clear down in Dixie. Go for it and keep us posted.

Right now I just want it in my back yard.
This is gonna be my year long project.
Money's gonna be tight but this is a mountain I will eventually climb.
Yea. I got so much going in my head right now...
...like if that gearing is too low and getting a smaller sprocket/pulley doesn't look good,then...just get bigger wheels!
Oh man. It's gonna be so cool.

IT'S MINE!!!

I am so happy.

I think I'm gonna cry.

Pic 1: This is the most georgeous thing I have ever seen. Engine DOES turn over it DOES has compression and surprisingly DOES have some gas but it won't kick. Dude says it started about a year ago.
That's okay actually cause how many lawnmower engines are out there in the trash RIGHT NOW with a broken wheel but it turns right over and how many of those have an ELECTRIC START but the battery's shot.
I may just tinker with this 6 horsepower bad boy anyway...I'm gonna get in so much trouble. :devilish:
Pic 2: This is the heart of the whole operation. The reason why you can use a vertical shaft lawnmower engine. The apple of my eye. The only thing sad though is that it has only one gear. Neutral and drive. But that's okay. That's okay.
You know that gear lever it's really easy to shift from drive to neutral. I mean real easy and I haven't even given it a proper lube yet. I don't think it would be too hard to get that cabled up so I can control it while on my bike.
pic 3: Well it seems that weety beety little sprocket for every one full turn it makes the pully below it turns looks like 4 times. So that little sprocket will have to give way to a bigger sprocket. It looks like it just slides on with a c clip. Can't do anything with the rear axle. That sprocket is welded on.
pic 4: The underside of (I haven't given this a name yet). I may do away with the entire plate that's painted white and do another mount for the tranny. Right away though I could see a centrifical clutch and that pully replaced with a smaller sprocket. Heck if I can't get a smaller sprocket I'll get bigger wheels. This dog will be designed for speed.

For now since I don't have a welder just yet I'm gonna leave it a tractor and get it to go fast. Then when I get a welder together it's gonna be a trailer pusher. My schwinn told me he's excited and won't stop bothering me now. He's been depressed since I built Moop for I haven't riden him in a while.
I guess I could understand that.

And remember boys and girls.

I got this for FREE!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 1gorgeous.JPG
    1gorgeous.JPG
    209.8 KB · Views: 1,214
  • 2tranny.JPG
    2tranny.JPG
    195.6 KB · Views: 1,007
  • 3sprocket.JPG
    3sprocket.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 937
  • 4under.jpg
    4under.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 1,005
Cool. It looks like there are several points where you can make changes to the gear ratios. Just a thought, it might be best to change the gearing after the tranny, even if it means having to change the axle. My reasoning: You might not want to change the speed of things inside the tranny too much (if it overheats and breaks....). Of course, my reasoning is often faulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back