speedometer issues solved

T

twinkiex

I finally got one that works. I tried the Ascent Delta V. It was $25.00. No matter what it didnt work. It was easy enough to program, and I was imputting the wheel size correctly. I even took it to the bike shop and had them program it. So they said it was defective and gave me another. Same thing, it just didnt work correctly. Most of the consumer reviews were very bad. The directions showed it going on the right fork, but consumer reviews said it goes on the left fork. I was getting frustrated! So I upgraded and got a Cat Eye Vectra for $34.00. Its very accurate. My max speed is 26mph and my average cruisingalong speed is 17mph.

My electronic speedometer worked fine for a couple of weeks then it started to zero itself. I found the fix here, (this forum,) in the form of a "ferrite core" filter, (available at Radio Shack, for five dollars and change). A small clip on device that the speedometer wire wraps through. It filters out the electronic field generated by the spark plug. I have had no trouble since installing it. I hope your speedometer continues to work well, but if not, you may consider looking into this easy fix.

Attachments

• DSC06107.jpg
    DSC06107.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 279
I bought a £6 Atech off the market - It worked fine :)

32mph max speed in drop-bar spec

I will probably be more careful as time goes on - try and cruise at about 25mph.

Jemma xx

Last edited by a moderator:
My electronic speedometer worked fine for a couple of weeks then it started to zero itself. I found the fix here, (this forum,) in the form of a "ferrite core" filter, (available at Radio Shack, for five dollars and change). A small clip on device that the speedometer wire wraps through. It filters out the electronic field generated by the spark plug. I have had no trouble since installing it. I hope your speedometer continues to work well, but if not, you may consider looking into this easy fix.

how did you affix it please

To affix the ferrite filter I replaced the zip ties holding the speedometer unit, passing the new zip ties through the coil created through the filter.

thanks smitty. i picked up one at radio shack now i have to wait till spring or a warm day to ride. dang i hate winter:cry:

I received the ultimate speedometer for Christmas, a Garmin 305 GPS. This thing is awesome, it not only records my entire ride, it tells me the altitude and % grade that i am climbing or descending. Oh and it tells me exactly how fast I'm going. Yes it is a bit pricey, but i also use it on my pedal bike

What about the old dial speedometers. Are they any good on motorized bicycles.

BSA

Back