Finding Performance By Accident

Yea,but copper has far less resistance than carbon! Less resistance would mean better spark and probably less strain on the coil I would think,unless I'm missing something.
Better spark may also mean cleaner spark plug,better burn,more power.Less carbon build up on the combustion chamber and exhaust pipe. Add that to maybe easier on the electricals would mean epic win!

if someone is getting the wire and wants someone to help just pm me and i will pay pal the money for my piece of wire. i just love more power :p

well put it this way iv done 700mil on walmart crud brand oil and have like no
build up all put pituers up soon but it dose work and holds way better at top end

I just ordered 3 feet of clear, red copper spark plug wire from thehotrodcompany.com, plus a boot kit. I will let everyone know how it turns out. Only cost $20, including shipping. Not bad. That should take care of about 3-4 bikes.

Awesome! Those wires look so pretty...yea the clear red ones look cool.
I need to wait till the end of the month. It may be cheaper to just get the wire then go to a parts store for the boot and clip.

I just came back from NAPA. It seems they have this High Temperature 7mm Metallic Cable at 89 cents a foot. Then with the boot and terminal and tax the grand total for my purchase was $3.75!
Now it's not copper core but it's still a bonafide real wire instead of carbon wire,so it should still give me some more.
It's dark out so tomorrow I'm gonna test her out!
...I love this hobby,man. Driving 6 miles out for a piece of wire....

Attachments

• 100_0195 copy.JPG
    100_0195 copy.JPG
    204.8 KB · Views: 941
Large Filipino: That wire should work fine, and for a good price. I might buy some of that from NAPA and do a comparison between the metal wire and copper wire.

I rode it about 20 miles today. I noticed it's idling a whole lot better. The wire before this one was automotive grade coil wire I got for 5 bucks that was 8mm and a pain to screw in. Before the idling had some missing going on. It was so minor as to be almost unnoticable. But now the idle is real smooth.
The 7mm was real easy to squeeze in the coil. In fact,the wire seemed stiffer and it actually stops when the wire hits bottom instead of keep turning like my carbon wire wanted to do. I think the wire is actually grabbing the screw. Can't get any better with the connection. Also,on the boot end,I left some wire out to bend around so the terminal also has a positive connection.
Riding it seems the same until I took it on my hill. It's not a very steep hill but it definetly pulled better. You have to have been on this hill a number of times before to know there's a definite difference.
Overall I'm very happy with my $3.75 performance enhancer. My spark plug before was covered with blackness and wetness. I'll give it some miles to see how the plug looks after.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back