Mickey Mouse fix

This little bit of tinkering started life as a camera holder but then it became so much more. My rear rack is about obsolete now. As you can see,it's a strong clamp from Lowells,one of those double links that keeps a chain from twisting(two chain links with a swivel) some hardware and washers,and two zip ties to keep things in place. Check out what this thing's been doing for me. Not only has it been keeping my camera at bay so I can make movies(camera's a bit messed up right now,though. Batteries not staying in place),I can just quick clamp my Blockbuster movies instead of strapping it on to my rear rack,worried that it may fall off (that movie was for my daughter. I'm not kidding. No. Seriously) and when you flip that clamp upside down it now becomes a strong hook to hold bags or even my one gallon gas tank.
I just came from the gas station and let me tell you it holds good and strong. Then it's right in front of you so you're not always looking to see that your stuff is still there.
Total cost about 7 bucks. Clamp's like $2.50.

Attachments

• clamp.JPG
    clamp.JPG
    176.8 KB · Views: 367
  • camera.JPG
    camera.JPG
    194.9 KB · Views: 352
  • Movie.jpg
    Movie.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 384
  • Gas.jpg
    Gas.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 397
So I went on a 50 mile bike ride yesterday and I'm noticing my engine's vibrating a whole lot. Then I find that my rear motor mount bracket is missing! (The area is also very oily. I'm guessing it's waste oil from the engine? I mean it's LOADED with oil.)
So I went to Home Depot and got 4 6mm nuts,4 lock washers and this clamp. I didn't use the u bolt but the bracket fits this bad boy perfectly. Two nuts and two lock washers in back,then bracket the a lock washer and nut at top.
Now no more vibrations!
Back to this oil. Where does this oil come out of the engine? I'm assuming it's all normal.

Attachments

• missing.JPG
    missing.JPG
    178.6 KB · Views: 381
  • clamp.JPG
    clamp.JPG
    185.1 KB · Views: 297
  • done.JPG
    done.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 385
Wait. Oil comes out of the engine if one of the bolts are off? My bolts never came off. My nuts did.
Yes. I said it.
My nuts came off.
..but isn't it normal for when the two stroke oil in the gas is done it needs a way of escape?

..but isn't it normal for when the two stroke oil in the gas is done it needs a way of escape?

It should be burning with the petrol rather than building up somewhere. Can you determine the actual route of egress? I see that its all over the back but is there oil above the intake manifold or elsewhere. Is it definitely premix oil or might it be liquified grease from the gearing?

Maybe it's liquefied grease from gearing...I don't know for sure. Today I'm gonna completely clean my bike out and re lube my chain and ride it for a mile and see how it looks.
I do use quite a bit of pre mix. 6 oz of Maxima to a gallon. I really need to go with 5 oz now.

It was the chain lube. I use it willingly and it just pools there.
Anyway I got a screaming deal on this thailer. 25 bucks!
Look at how much this thing is new
http://www.webmountainbike.com/koolstoptrai.html
Check out how it mounts up. It's a tight squeeze but it doesn't interfere with anything. And I went to the store and bought home two cases of water and some canned goods. It can handle a lot more. It's rated at 100 pounds.
I just made my bike so versatile now. There's no stopping me!

Attachments

• Mooptrailer.JPG
    Mooptrailer.JPG
    212.1 KB · Views: 324
  • connector.JPG
    connector.JPG
    219.6 KB · Views: 530
  • groceries.JPG
    groceries.JPG
    214.7 KB · Views: 312
  • itfits!.JPG
    itfits!.JPG
    181.1 KB · Views: 314
  • madeit.JPG
    madeit.JPG
    214.9 KB · Views: 297
I wonder if down the road I become a grandfather and I take grandchild for a ride. I wonder if I would need to Mickey Mouse the exhaust? Or maybe it would help in making the child mellow! :devilish:

Back