GruBee updated their website

Anybody? After selling Vader, I have plenty of cash for funding the new iRide Motorized bike. Any info on these new kits would be helpful. Anyone in with Don Grubee? Maybe someone could get some info from him?

Thanks again!

EEPA! EEEEPAAAH!

- sorry just saw the simpsons movie.

if 'something gives' I will be all set because I will know how to service and build motored bikes! - woo hoo!

I e-mailed Don about the new engine kits and he said that he will not be selling them due to the EPA laws...bummer!

is he saying he won't be selling to the usa, period? 4-strokes, too? i bet i'm misunderstanding.

but let's say that is the case, then i just heard the door swing wide open...we're gonna get mechanization from someone, u betcha! it doesn't have to be from grubee, does it? it doesn't have to be from china at all, for that matter.

i'll be honest, (and this is more a social statement than a political one), lately i've been letting myself dream
about sprockets and throttles and such with "MADE IN U.S.A." stamped on 'em...if a guy or gal had to settle
for minimum wage, i bet it'd be more fun to produce something that contributes than

to spend

all

day

repeating

:p "do you want fries with that?" :p

i wish companies like GEBE & Staton had access to engine development, the rest of their engineering seems superb...as the trend of a constricted pipeline from china continues, i'm sure they'll see a boost in sales...looks aren't everything, yaknow. necessity & practicallity are gonna become serious priorities again.

and, consider this...all whizzer would have to do is develop an "american happy-time" model, a basic 48cc motoredbike with minimal features for around $800, & offer an installable kit at a decent price...shoot, they'd take over the whole shebang, not to mention they'd totally jump-start a stagnant economy.

does anyone here have any personal connection to the old "hodaka" crowd in oregon? i'm thinking a ride down there might could lead to some good conversation.

Here's the e-mail I got from Don.

"Gru-Bee inc. in Joint Venture with China Gas

Changzhou China GAS Trading and Export Co.
Rm 1107, Bldg. 9, Xie Qiao Xiang, Changzhou, Jiangsu, China 213001
ph# 0519- 815 1408 cell# 13585356966 fax; 0519 810 2221
e:mail: angelgrube@hotmil.com & dongrube@hotmail.com
www.grubeeinc.com and www.chinabestexporter.com
Subject: USA status; 2006
Thanks for your bike engine inquiry:
We are sorry to inform you but China made 2 cycle engines 80cc - 48cc for use on Bicycles can no longer be imported legally into the USA due to new EPA emission laws as of Jan 1 2006. Heavy fines are imposed on those who try and get caught. Here is the notice we got from EPA.
EPA Explains Stringent Standards for All Non-road Engines
The September 2006 issue of "Enforcement Alert," published by EPA's Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance, explains how tough new standards are being enforced as of Jan 1 2006 on all non-road engines. Under the Clean Air Act, the manufacture or importation of any non-road engine for domestic use is prohibited unless EPA certifies it as meeting emission standards and it displays the required EPA emissions label. "EPA Enforcing Stringent Standards for All Non-road Engines" describes the surge in illegal imports of Chinese manufactured non-road engines into the United States. The emissions and health impacts of non-road engines have caused EPA to increase its inspections nationwide of dealerships and online companies that import or sell non-road equipment. In particular, EPA and CBP have teamed up to intercept illegal importation at the border. Imported equipment containing non-road engines that fail to meet all Clean Air Act requirements is subject to seizure and exportation, and the importers of such illegal equipment or engines face substantial penalties up to $32,500 per engine.
What 2 cycle engines in the United States are there, no more can come in legally. However, all engine kits received by legitimate WD distributors before Jan 1 2006 can still be legally purchased and sold by dealers.
FUTURE OF BICYCLE ENGINES: All concentration for the USA market is now with our EPA approved 4 cycle SkyHawk WS Stage II 49 cc engine kits and also with our Skyhawk Eee wheel electric conversion kits. 4 cycle engine kits are now available from our China factory direct to approved WD accounts in min. order amounts of 100. Submit your enquiry with your company profile and marketing plan to dongrube@hotmail.com if interested in being a China direct WD for these new products. Ref: www.grubeeinc.com for product details;
Presently we have 2 WD distributors of our 4 cycle kits. Birddog distributing and Barsanco
Josh Knoedler Barsanco Inc. www.the3scompany.com
Birddog Distributing, Inc. 26674 Liberal
www.birddogdistributing.com Centerline, Mi. 48015 USA
Ph.406-586-5970 Call toll free: 800-421-3374

FYI: We have heard of 2 cycle engine smuggling going on in the USA imported after Jan 1 2006 coming from another export agency in China. US officials at the EPA and US Customs have been alerted who these people are and where shipments have been sent. Words to the wise;
Smugglers will surely be heavily fined by US Customs at port of discharge as all import shipments are now x-ray scanned. We at China GAS Export Company refuse to engage in illegal activity and advise all potential US customers and dealers to not get caught in this entrapment. We ship only to countries where 2 cycle bike engines are still legal to import. ie: countries in South and Central Americas and Australia. We are US citizens and know US law. Importing 2 cycle engine service parts is still legal as such but assembling into complete engines for resale is definitely against the EPA law as every US engine manufacture must be EPA certified for engine emission standards. Some Chinese export agencies do not know about the new EPA laws enacted in the US.
The Honey Bee 4 cycle does not have the engine EPA approved yet. Cost to get lab tested an approved is $20,000.00 A heavy hit for a small company. We can only sell the Honey Bee to South America at this time or any country where EPA type emission laws have not yet been enacted..
Good luck and happy trails;;
Don Grube China GAS/GruBee inc. www.grubeeinc.com & www.chinabestexporter.com "

Last edited by a moderator:
That's such BS and I know we've all been over this, but we pollute less than a lawnmower if we use synthetic. This is a prime example of either a) victimizing the poor (those of us who can't afford a car) or b) corporate fear of a new wave of cheap, efficient transporation.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, i see i did misunderstand about the grubee 4-stroke policy.

i agree with sideswipe...maybe a ride on washington dc someday with a big sign that says

"this whole crowd used only XXgals of gasoline &/or XXamphours of electricity to get here."

the fargen idiots we call leaders seem more determined to protect our borders from efficient transportation than they are to protect them from our sworn enemies!!

yeah - we need stickers that have 150+MPG! LOW CARBON FOOTPRINT! and the like.

dax went through all the carbon use to make a car (even a prius is ridiculously high) but you can't make a catchy bumper sticker out of that.

so...the grubee thing...is there going to be a steady (but no jerks!) US source of these new kits and those neat parts???

Back