FEDERAL LAW SAYS YES !!! And now State Law too ? Yes !!!!

This is the type of info I would like to carry on my laminated card, I was even thinking about the very same topic on my trip, contemplating getting some sort of Congressional action.

Hope this gets "defined" quick. Thanks thatsdax!

I put thatsdax' January post back to the top as a "sticky", because the overiding Federal part of his topic should be read and understood IN ADDITION to state and local ordinances.

I plan on carrying it around with me, (though I've never had one problem, and go out of the way to show the bike to police as I travel to new areas).

It's should be read by all MB members....and I thank t-dax for pointing it out in other legal topics.

This just might make it easier to notice. :cool:

Yes !!! Help keep America Free !!!!!!

Yes...Help Keep America Free... Ride a MAB -motored Assisted Bicycle..........Enjoy the ride....

It's up to the states

After reading the PDF, it's clear to me that the regulation of 2 wheeled vehicles with a speed capability of 20mph or greater, then it's up to the states how they classify such vehicles and choose to regulate them. I'm certain that operating a GEBE equipped vehicle on a bike path would NOT make the police happy; in spite of 200mpg. It would take $8/gallon gas and a number of complaining/participating people before anything would change. Just my $.02

For $5 at Harbor Freight you can get a metal stamp set and stamp anything you want onto your engine. Being in Oregon I stamp "35cc" onto my engines.

Moth

Valley Forge Park

I've been told by a park rangerette there are absolutely no motorized bikes

of any kind permitted on the bike paths through the park.
I would love to read this federal law.

Back