My Long-Ride The Alaskan Prologue

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, the "good partner" made it...but she still is being delayed, haulout/inspection stuff i know nothing about...should be leaving wednesday...back to the motel for 2 days...the trailer's on the boat.

whew!

to bad about the 2 days!:sick:
Hopefully this is the end of the wait and the :cry:.

Augi, it's good to see that the next stage of your adventure is just around the corner. Once you set sail I doubt we'll hear from you for a while, unless she skirts the coast close enough for you to pick up cell towers.
Once you set out of port, remember this old adage: "Red sky in morning, sailors take warning. Red Sky at night, sailors' delight." May you have red skies at night all the way to Alaska.

Augi ..don't worry about a little roughness at sea ..just makes it a little more exciting ,and pumps up the adrenaline a little...Enjoy your cruise up there now that your finally on your way

no such thing as a free-ride

well, i won't have to worry about rough seas (anymore)...this is me NOT on the boat...seems i was not informed i'd need a passport (which i don't need on the ferry) and now i am out 2 months & $2400, and am broke without prospects until the 3rd of next month...on the streets in bellingham, beautiful. while this big bike is great on the open road, i think it will be more of an albatross for me during the next few weeks.

shoot. here's some advice...if you're going to offer to help someone, no matter how good yer intentions, try to put some thought into how best to do it. details matter.

here's some more advice...a bird in the hand is worth far more than two in the bush.

Last edited:
Man, not a good situation.
Things will get tight in the next couple of weeks.
I, for one, am happy to help out and donate if there's any way to do so.
PM coming. No it's not. Just realised PMs are off.

Augi, do you have a PayPal seller account?
I've enjoyed this trip from the beginning, wish my health would allow me to do similar, and am happy to provide a little sponsorship, as I hope others will be. I've got $50 AU, (about 2c US), put aside with your name on it. Please PM me.

Last edited:
was trying to edit above...

i had not considered "soliciting" help and find it more than a bit humiliating to be in this predicament. however, to anyone who may be able to spare a bit, i promise to not squander the "2nd chance"...if i can make it to the 3rd here in bellingham i will use my check to get on that dang ferry.

my paypal is also augidog@netzero

edit: to make doublesure, i will go to the ferry terminal this afternoon and get fare & confirm my documention.

Last edited:
No need to solicit help, I did that.
Funds on the way.
For others, email is actually augidog@netzero.net

Let the dream live on.....

Anyone else got a few spare $$$ laying around?

Augi, let us know if there's any problem with the .com / .net thing, but I'm sure I got it right. The return address of your email, in 'Properties', ended with .net
(ie If you don't hear from PayPal, let me know.)

Last edited:
actually, i have the free netzero and my addy is ".com"...however, paypal & netzero figured it out for me and i have received the payment...transfer to my debit card is processing and will be available in the nick of time. steve, thank you very much...hopefully by next month i'll be sending you a real-life postcard from alaska. meantime, after the terminal i will go looking for a secure campground...nice weather coming in for a few days, so that's gonna help. again, thank you :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back