Tires Serfas Drifter tires...

astring

Local time
10:11 PM
..no, really, try these. thorn proof slimed tube and liner and you are ready to roll.

I put one of these on the back wheel and rode around over the weekend. Runs nice and smooth, very round. It does "drift" around some on bumps, but I'll probably get used to it.

I'm putting new shoes on the recumbent, including the Pyramid brand puncture resistent $10 tubes.

Putting the Sertas Drifter on the back:

http://www.serfas.com/product_details.asp?ID=634

The descriptive label that came with it says there are 4 layers, ergo, no need for the tire liner.

It reads

Extra Thick Tread Layer
Survivor Layer (for protective resistancy)
FPS Layer (flat protection system)
Nylon Breaker (for added reinforcement)

and a fatter Odyssey Path 20" tire on the front.

Attachments

• backdetails.jpg
    backdetails.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 861
  • fronttire.jpg
    fronttire.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 728
Drifters rock !!!

Been riding on them for 5 months now and still love them !!!
No flats !!!!:giggle:

Apparently, they don't come from J&B imports, my bikeshop guy found a supplier that carried them, and waited until he could get enough items to include buying about 10 of these tires.

You can click on the main part of that Serfas site, and there is a list of shops that carry the brand.

http://www.serfas.com/

If this works, especially on the rear, it will be worth the extra money not to have that worry.

btw: I'm going to avoid the slimed punctureproofs for this years builds, just use the Pyramids. I had a heavier customer get a flat from the seam giving way on the slime brand, while I can't remember anybody having failure with the Pyramids on the rear.

Last edited:
Hey Recumbenteers !!

Wow, what a difference on the front handling, I was most interested in switching the front, the Drifter review on the rear will be a few days away.

I switched out the ultra-Kendra 1.5 tire that my Sun came equipped with, (w/ a regular tube, recommended 100 psi, but I was running around 60 psi), with that Odyssey 2.0-2.1 Path and a $10 Pyramid heavy duty tube.

It recommends 90 psi, I'm less than 50 psi. My guess is the weight is at least doubled.

But on the first spin moments ago, the handling is definitely better, more stable, especially WOT.

I have the rubber gasket, 5 layers of electric tape AND a second rubber gasket I had, laid over the spoke-ends.

I doubt I ever have to worry with the front wheel/tire for thousands of miles.

Wish I had done it before the North Carolina escapade !!

Last edited:
I looked at these tires on the serfas site and several others. The sites with buyer reviews almost all were glowing with praise. I have been looking at every tire I can find, I'll be needing new ones soon. I just wanted to say thanks for the heads up on these. They look better than any others I've seen. I'll be buying a pair soon.

The serfas drifter tire looks very similar to the Continental Town & Country. I've been running the continental on the rear, and it's worked out nicely. Wears very well, and has good traction.

Attachments

• cotac1-1.jpg
    cotac1-1.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 2,034
Yea

That reverse tread pattern works good. Also channels water good.
Without adding more resistance...

Back