Extreme-Scooters 98cc Whizzer enegine kit

If that uses a true Whizzer engine, it will not work with the SBP kit without essentially rebuilding the whole kit.

But there are some weird things about what they list there. They mention thr "98cc 2 stroke kit"- that is not a Whizzer engine, I can assure you. Be advised they are talking about 2 different kits. The Whizzer is 138ccs and 4 stroke (and not near 4.5 hp stock).

The listing is confusing- I have never seen a 98cc 2 stroke bike engine kit Whizzer or not...and certainly Whizzer never made such a beast. I have never even heard of one a 98cc 2 stroke kit and a dare say that most people here have not. Even what is advertised as 80ccs is closer to 70ccs (and that's being generous). I would like to see a picture of that kit. The picture shown is the 138cc Whizzer 4 stroke and they show nothing about the alleged 98cc 2 stroke.

Curious listing.

Last edited by a moderator:
98cc 2-stroke, You Decide !!

I talked with Dave at Extreme-scooters.com yesterday.
Very nice guy. He answered all my questions. He offered to email pics, if I sent an email request, to remind him later.

As for the advertised Whizzer kits.... they do NOT have them in stock. He said they piece the kits together, per order. (he mentioned: engine, pulleys, belts, clutches, sheaves....)

Now....about the 98cc Whizzer 2-stroke.....

He said they were NEW, in stock......made in Taiwan. "4+ hp.... better than a whizzer" !!

Our Email follows:
Re: Dave in Kansas
Thursday, January 22, 2009 7:48 PM
"Sales" <sales@extreme-scooters.com>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
srdavojr@swbell.net

Was Nice Talking With You Today:

Yes, this one of the photos we have, and also comes with a light kit included in the price $499 Total Includes UPS Shipping.
NEW98ccJOKE.jpg
backligth1.gif
headlight1.gif
The Light Kit comes with all the electrical connections and a 12V battery and charging system.

At Your Convenience e-mail your Name, Address, and Phone Number, and will first
e-mail you back a complete Bill of Sale, that gives you all the information on ordering the 98cc Engine Kit with Light Kit. Also the 5 speed will work with this kit nicely, because the engine turns the Large Srpocket and you will be able to leave your 5 speeds as is without removing them, and still pedal as a bicycle when the engine is running.

Its a Chain Drive.

Thank-You

Dave Bergman
Extreme-Scooters
www.extreme-scooters.com
Toll: (888) 361-2605
TL: (478) 987-8509
Fax: (478) 224-8518
Cell: (478) 396-6796

-----Original Message-----
Sent 1/22/2009 11: 48:04 AM
To: "sales@extreme-scooters.com" <sales@extreme-scooters.com>
Subject: Dave in Kansas

Dave in Georgia,
Hi. Please email the info & pictures I requested on your 98cc 2-stroke bicycle engine kit.
Please include any engine specifications; carb type...fuel tank capacity....electronics...price with shipping.....etc.
Is there any way you could scan the assembly instructions & attach to the email? I am especially interested in how it connects the power to the wheel; chain-drive? Belt-drive?
(remember...I have a 1984 Schwinn cruiser/5 speed)

thanks again,
Dave from kansas

Looks mighty fishy, to me..... Mighty Fishy!!

Like I said.... You decide! :geek:

Last edited:
Why does that 98cc engine look so much like the 67cc engines advertised as 80ccs?

Time to smell the coffee!
Whizzer USA does not make a 2-stroke motor kit. Although Whizzer has been informed of the mis-leading advertizing, they chose not to fight with the scooter company, not sure why. Whizzer stopped supplying the 138 CC 4 stroke kit over a year ago. They told me it was because an authorized Whizzer dealer was selling a motorbike using their motor and felt it was competition to them selling thier NE5 motorbike. They even told me they were going to use the excuse that they weren't making money on the motor kit. The part of their plan I found to be funny was they sold the last of the remaining kits to the Authorized dealer that caused them to stop supplying the kits in the beginning.

It is sometimes hard to figure out the logic they use in some of thier decisions.

Have fun,

Thank you for confirming my suspicions. That is what I suspected.

Bait and switch a 2 stroke for a Whizzer...AT THOSE PRICES, then they even misrepresent the engine size. Enough is never enough for some people.

Up for some fun?

So.... let's pump this guy up & have some fun. :devilish:

He told me.... "this is 1/2 the price of a Whizzer kit.... & way better!"

We have his contact info......

Dave Bergman
Extreme-Scooters
www.extreme-scooters.com
<sales@extreme-scooters.com>
Toll: (888) 361-2605
TL: (478) 987-8509
Fax: (478) 224-8518
Cell: (478) 396-6796

All we have to do is call/email for info....show some interest! WoW...98cc!! Taiwan = Cool !! :ROFLMAO: be sure & tell him it's a good price!! Ask silly questions. Extra points for creativity.....but who's keeping score?
We just don't want to bust his chops.....Yet...hahaha

He can't possibly know about us.... how would anyone dare try this scam, knowing we are here... & not stoopid.

anyone want to play along?
if so, post your results here.

If this (my idea) is too crude or just wrong, feel free to 'talk me down',
but right now... I am totally amused!!! :)

Hey srdavo

Funny the guy told me the same thing in an email. Ya have to wonder if it is a general email they send to everyone. I like your style get his hopes up then just ignore him:) I say go for it have a little fun at his expense maybe they will learn people aren't that stupid to fall for stuff like that

I made a purchase from these guys a while back. I would look up their business reputation with the Georgia BBB. I ended up having to report them to get my money back. They only sent half the order but kept all the money. I did finally get half the money back but it was a fight. Also they don't take credit cards. They want money orders and wire transfers... Red Flag!!!

Back