Downtown Denver

I went to the Flatirons mall yesterday. That's not as far as Cherry Creek but it's about half way to Boulder and it's rather hilly so I used some pedal power to help my engine out. Still,pedaling is rather effortless like pedaling down a straight road actually so I got some cardiovascular in,but not enough to need some water or anything. AMERICA. $%^# YEA!!
Anyway I needed to check out the mall for Craigslist had something about a Vintage Bike Sale going on. So I took some pics. I was also close to the Front Range Airport. I should have taken more pics of that. Oh well. The mall is pretty huge. But my camera only focused on the bikes. They were locked up in a caged room.
Today is another riding day. I dunno where I'll go this time. I'll take my fishing gear along.

Attachments

• Photo0210.jpg
    Photo0210.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 308
  • Photo0211.jpg
    Photo0211.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 300
  • Photo0212.jpg
    Photo0212.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 281
  • Photo0213.jpg
    Photo0213.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 287
  • Photo0214.jpg
    Photo0214.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 294
  • Photo0215.jpg
    Photo0215.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 303
  • Photo0217.jpg
    Photo0217.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 305
  • Photo0218.jpg
    Photo0218.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 278
So today I went way north to Adams County Fairgrounds. There Cronus took me down this trail. I've been in this state for many many years and Cronus and MOOP never ceases to amaze me what I discover on a daily basis.
Adams County Fairgrounds has these two huge lakes and you see people there fishing all the time and you never see anyone catch anything. This trail took me deep. Further then all of a sudden I'm finding new HUGE lakes that you simply have to hike over to or ride a bike or Cronus your way in there.
And then I saw it. Literally HUNDREDS of Bass 3 to 8 pounds.
Here's a little video I made:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTUFpPL1WBE

Without my motoredbike,I would never take the plunge and explore that trail.
I didn't catch anything for I had spinners. I think I need rapalas.(spelling's wrong)
Look at the pic and tell me. What would YOU use?
I'm so back there tomorrow.

Attachments

• Photo0232.jpg
    Photo0232.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 252
  • Photo0233.jpg
    Photo0233.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 289
Last edited by a moderator:
Duuuuude....you win the award for "Best Places to Ride" and "Best Rides" and "Best Videos on your ride"

Check this out:
http://maps.google.com - put in 33437 for the zip code and search. You can see I'm just a few miles East of the Everglades. I know there's both hiking and biking trails throughout...It's too hot right now, I think, but in the fall it would be really great. I have a book Florida Bike Trails that I'm going to dust off, and maybe have some adventures too! :) Only problem with the trails in the glades is that you can stumble into a 10' gator pretty easily...and they SCARE me! They're living dinosaurs and they eat warm fleshy animals (including humans)...so I wouldn't want to ride alone. Funny, I surf, I see sharks but I don't freak out like I do with gators.

Anyway, I need to start taking video when I ride - that's definitely cool. Hard to remember life before You-Tube!

I want to take my fly rod now but I wonder how it would fit on my bike.
MMMmmmm...
Mark,those alligators I hear just jump on them and hold their mouths and don't ever let go.... if your alone that would be a problem,though. :D

man, you know the denver trails...is there a good map online somewhere, i live off the highline canal trail, but people get **** bent about motorized bikes on the trails, did you get any grief, because i really want to explore the trails you were showing us

Wow. I haven't checked in here for a while, look at all I missed, and this is the first thread I clicked in like 6 months. This is a really awesome glimpse of the life of a MotoredBiker. Well done LF!

Next for me, learning more about the setup on Cronus.

:lurking

man, you know the denver trails...is there a good map online somewhere, i live off the highline canal trail, but people get **** bent about motorized bikes on the trails, did you get any grief, because i really want to explore the trails you were showing us

I won't lie to you. I get maybe one. Sometimes I don't get any but the other day I had two encounters. And they are always roadies. Funny though is that on the roadie forums (I finally found one that is nice to all) most of them show support because I am riding but they do encourage my health and using my pedals which I do.

But I ALWAYS respect others on the trail. If a person is walking their dog,IMMEDIATELY I shut her down and pedal. And 90% of the time they wave in appreciation.

And I got on National Television with me with engine running on the trail. Anyone can google Large Filipino and find my videos and find my real name on my TV video and guess what?

Nobody has notified me on the illegality of it all.

Cops just wave at me. But I cruise at a low speed.

My 26 mile ride from Northglenn to Cherry Creek takes a couple of hours but it's easy 12 to 15 mph riding.

I will never stray from the trails. It's simply too dangerous riding down Speer Blvd. The trails keep you SAFE. And cops see that. As long as you ride slow,cops won't bother you.

I added a saftey flag on Cronus. When I figure out my pic uploading again (lost every app in my hard drive... long story) I'm gonna start a new thread about safety flags.

Here's a good link to maps. Warning. These maps needs to be downloaded and even with broadband can take more than a minute to fully download.

http://www.outspokin.org/Bike_Maps.htm

I've ridden south to Chatfield. There may be a link from there to the springs. I would guess you may need to take some back roads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back