CVT CVT Transmission?

What sort of output shaft does the stanton CVT have, Zomby Builder? You can't tell from the pics, and the product info page just says it's "splined."

the cvt is an upgrade for the standard cat eye pocket bike engine known as a cat eye 2 stroke. you all may read a lot about it at pocketbikeplanet.com A forum about pocketbikes, engines & drivetrains youll find all the info you may need on cvt's there!

FYI.

Per Dave Staton, his CVT pulley ratio is approximately 1.9:1 at the low end, and approximately 1:1 at the high end. (plus 3.714 to 1 gear box reduction)

just got me a cvt transmission off a x2 pocket bike for a $1.25 at the scrap yard.i also seen the guy who machined my spindle for my friction drive.he said hes got a new tanaka engine i can get.hope it will fit the cvt.

here's one I did...

works for friction drive or for sprocket/gearing

For sprockets and/or gearing, use three steps in calculations:
  1. Enter the Max RPM, the wheel diameter, and max desired speed in the first row of the Gearing Calcs section. (upper left.) In the pic below, 6000 RPM, a 26 inch wheel, and a 25 MPH desired top end yields a total ratio, engine to rear sprocket, of 18.55.
  2. Next, Assuming the Staton CVT and a Jackshaft, the CVT is 1 to 3.714 reduction at top end, and it has (or can be altered to have) an 8 tooth sprocket. Assuming the input of the jackshaft is a 28 tooth sprocket, the second gear ratio is 8 to 28.
  3. The third gear ratio is a 14 tooth sprocket on the out side of the jackshaft, driving a 19 tooth freewheel sprocket. The total ratio is then calculated to be 17.64. (leave any unused ratios at 1 to 1) You can use gear teeth, pulley diameters, or the like.
  4. Finally, plug that calculated ratio into the Required Ratio of the second line of the Gearing Calcs box, and get the calculated top end speed.

The Friction drive calcs are even easier. With a friction drive, you don't care WHAT the tire size is. The speed depends on two things only. The engine RPM and the roller diameter. The first line of the calculation lets you enter the engine rpm and the roller diameter (in inches) and the resulting speed is calculated. The second line accepts a desired speed, and the engine RPM. The calculation returns the required roller diameter to achieve the desired speed.

Attachments

• Gearing.Zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 698
  • Gearing_Pic.JPG
    Gearing_Pic.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 947
Last edited:
You would think that a rack mount has way a lot of room for a CVT for you can pretty much mount that puppy anywhere with the right jack-shafts and what not.
Man what a scary ride that would be.

Back