Guys, i found larger fuel tanks for rack-mounts!

As a newbie I have no educated notion as to what gas milage to expect,I would guess that 120 mpg or more might be reasonable (Mitsubishi TLE 43),is it ?.I came across a one quart rectangular plastic bottle in my garden shed that happens to fit very nicely alongside the Staton gearbox,as if made for the purpose ! (between the gearbox support stays on the left).Its original use,I think was as a pesticide container in a spray setup.I rigged up a vacuum based system,in which fuel is sucked out of the auxiliary tank into the engine tank by the engine vacuum.If you're handy with Bondo & JB weld stuff,it's really not all that hard to make a tank yourself.(But it might not look all that pretty).I am considering crafting about a one gallon number to fill the previously mentioned triangular space more efficiently, if my 3 quart supply proves too skimpy.

Yeah duivendyk I was thinking about plumbing a spare fuel tank but I'll save that project for a later time once I find out how my little tank does for fuel consumption. I went to Sports Authority today by recommendation from somebody in the MBc chat and they had a 22oz fuel bottle there that I tested out and it fits perfectly in a bicycle water bottle cage. It was $20 bucks which is about what they go for when you order them over the internet.

I use the medium size (22 oz) MSR fuel bottle. It fits right into a water bottle holder. If you look around, you can find non-spill replacement cap, called the UCO Fuel Faucet - the tip of the replacement cap fits inside your fuel tank & you pour away. There's even a little siphon hole on the back side of the fill neck; you cover it with your finger, and the fuel doesn't flow. Which makes it handy when lowering the fill tip into the tank & pulling it back again (if there's any fuel left.) I still carry the spare tank with me for emergencies, but since adding the 96 oz tank from Staton, I haven't used it except to transfer the fuel into the main tank, & refill with fresh gas.

UCO Fuel Faucet - Good Picture

UCO Fuel Faucet - Better Price

Last edited:
Yeah duivendyk I was thinking about plumbing a spare fuel tank but I'll save that project for a later time once I find out how my little tank does for fuel consumption. I went to Sports Authority today by recommendation from somebody in the MBc chat and they had a 22oz fuel bottle there that I tested out and it fits perfectly in a bicycle water bottle cage. It was $20 bucks which is about what they go for when you order them over the internet.

That was me Jake. Glad you found it and glad it fits for you.

Thanks Zev0! Sorry I forgot who told me. I had a hard time finding it there, they only had one bottle left and it was stuffed in behind tons of other stuff on the bottom shelf. It seems like they have lots of good bicycle accessories there however they were a bit overpriced.

extra fuel tank

I would like to know what everyone thinks of Willie from Ca.'s idea ? You can see his fuel tank arrangement on the GEBE site under reviews. I've tried to include a picture from his review. Seems like a good idea

Attachments

• fuel lines.jpg
    fuel lines.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 390
Has anyone ever considered going to the junkyard and using an old windshield washer fluid reservoir as a fuel tank? It seems that you could probably pick one up for $5.00 - free. Just curious...

I still like the idea of having the fuel bottle mounted under the engine like Willie from CA. did in his review on the GEBE site in the review section.

Back