Metal-on-metal noise @ high RPM

well my engine still runs its just very loud... My dad thinks its the rings-If i twist the piston head just alittle while its in the jug... it sounds like the sound but much quieter. The rings are hitting their little pole things in the groove, making a little "ting."

My dad says they may very well be amplified by the added power of the engine...but the sound is created by twisting motion and I don't think my bushing allows for THAT much twisting?!?!?

So we think it will go away after a while and if not, I will check the bushing again and possible repalce the upper end it it worstens.

Well im all tuckered out and I can live with a loud pinging rattling as long as I can ride my bike.. PS I haven't noticed much of a power loss except a small cut out at midrange shifts

The last weekend my engine blowed up. I was hearing a metal on metal noise, like "cling cling" noise. the **** thing left over 10 kilometers from home!
I've been hearing the sound for a couple of days but , since everything looks fine, i didn't pay much attention.
When i came home (after a 2 hour walk dragging my dead bike). I took apart every single piece of the engine, to found this! (check the attached pictures).
The flywheel in the crankshaft has destroyed. I thought it was the piston that hit the flywheel, but it not. The "things" added to crankshaft are not even made of steel, are from an alloy of magnesium i think like car rims, but they are quite heavy, but broken from i think , aging or may be because i always push the engine to the limit or it's chinese bad quality, my engine has more than 8 years of manofactured.
There was no damage to the piston, cylinder or even the crankcase, because i stopped the engine very fast, but these pieces are almost impossible to find, even more in my country. The engine is worn, probably need new bearings too, so i thinking in buying an entire new engine rather than give life to this tired one.
Check the pics, there is no other pictures of the crankshaft i could find in the site. (looks quite scary).
My engine it's what you guys call "happy time" like, but with centrifugal clutch (wich indeed, its a pain in the ***).

Attachments

• K1024_P1010003.JPG
    K1024_P1010003.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 382
  • K1024_P1010005.JPG
    K1024_P1010005.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 398
  • K1024_P1010001.JPG
    K1024_P1010001.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 367
  • K1024_P1010002.JPG
    K1024_P1010002.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 318
Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I could remember the guys name but he was on here last week on a thread evalulating his engine. I think he may be from Thunder bay and he has ads on Craigslist under motorcycles and or Bikes.
Hey "Loco", I know ice cubes get bigger but I always thought hot metal gets bigger and cold metal gets smaller. I guess I was wrong?

Back