Using the Nu Vinci hub?

just trying

just trying something with pics:Di dont know how i did that i plugged my camera into a desktop and only 1 pic would blow up,ill see if i can extract the video.

Attachments

• bikes003.jpg
    bikes003.jpg
    322.1 KB · Views: 730
NICE PIC!!

Soo... you've got a 4-stroke with 3 different gears?!? That's awesome!!

I do have to ask... what is the pedalling chain going to? Is there something I'm not seeing like another freewheel or what?

yup

theres 2 sprockets on 1 side.right side.thats not my bike though i ride it all the time its a blast especially wen the 50 cc is on.i dont have the video or pics anymore.i have to get a new 25 dollar cam next week:D

theres 2 sprockets on 1 side.right side.
Wow... my dream setup would have one sprocket on each side, but I could deal with both on one side. How did you add the second freewheel? Is it screw-on or did you have to order it like that?

I just want you to know you and your friend are my heros, btw! I almost thought that there was no possible way to add gears to a bike motor... but you straightened my thinking right up.

i dont have the video or pics anymore.i have to get a new 25 dollar cam next week:D
Well.. don't rush for the vids, but just know that we all wanna see 'em!

NuVinci Torsion Bars

This is how my new bike will support these torsion bars.

IMG_1097.jpg Two sets of drop-outs.

I think it will work. Don't install a motor on one of these hubs without these bars. Dave Staton now warns everyone.

You might not have to go as far as I did to support the bars, but this is going to have a High performance Whizzer motor & I want solid insurance.

Very nice. That's the way to do it so everything looks sano, as one unit, one style. Not as a bunch of odd things that don't really match bolt together.
Thumbs up.

HI

Price is generally is what is keeping the Nuvinci out of the hands of most people....Check out the For sale section here for a price break....They are definitely nice units!

Andrew

Nice Units

The NuVinci is a very nice hub. I wouldn't motorize another bicycle without one. It adds a whole new dimension. My chopper Zack taught me the hard way how to support one of these. Get the torsion bars from Staton, you won't be sorry. They work. Andy do you sell these too? That's a great price you are asking for the hub. Add another 30.00 for the bars.

So, have we come to the consensus that the NuVinci will handle engine drive, as long as there's adequate bracing of the torque reaction force from the axle?

One question for NuVinci owners. I was looking at the NuVinci website and noted the shifter is a right-hand twistgrip. Is it possible to mount this shifter on the left? I'm quite accustomed to my RH twistgrip being the throttle.

It looks like a brake lever is integrated into the NuVinci shifter. If the NuVinci shifter also integrates a brake lever, left-hand mounting won't be possible as the gear indicator would face downward if the brake lever were in a usable position for one's left hand.

So, is the NuVinci twistgrip mountable on the left?

Thanks. :)

Back