Is your bike a tweaker magnet??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cali-Rider

Local time
8:21 AM
This is my first motorized bike and thus far I can say it is a complete tweaker magnet. I have met a tweaker almost every ride I have been on... They just show up out of the blue and start asking me all type of questions about the bike. It was funny the first few times but it is starting to get old...

Do you all get stoped by tweakers often or is it just me?

Maybe I just live in a bad area/big city, but it seems rediculous.:eek:

This is my first motorized bike and thus far I can say it is a complete tweaker magnet. I have met a tweaker almost every ride I have been on... They just show up out of the blue and start asking me all type of questions about the bike. It was funny the first few times but it is starting to get old...

Do you all get stoped by tweakers often or is it just me?

Maybe I just live in a bad area/big city, but it seems rediculous.:eek:

We get stopped every time we ride, from kids to police asking questions. No problem with us. I live in a town of 11,000, we ride to a town of 30,000 (Alabaster) and another of which has a population of (Montevallo) 6,500.

Last edited:
Er.....I think some might have to visit urban dictionary to get the drift of this thread....but to answer the question, no, not at all and I'd move if I did, lol.

I love the cagers that ride beside me for a way, then stop and tell me "Dude ! Did you know you were doing 30 mph on that thing ?"

Completely agree with GoldenEagleChris

Sometimes i ask myself questions about my bike when I am out on a ride....does that make me a tweeker?

In my situation it's more like: Sometimes i ask myself questions about the reliability of my bike when i am out on a ride and 200 kilometers from home.....does that make me a tweeker?

@ Porkchop

I get concerned with some cagers that drive beside me with half their body hanging out the window; trying to drive with one hand and trying to use their video camera with the other hand when i've got 6 trailers attached to the back of my bike, making a 44 foot long road train :)

Tweakers, meth-heads, speed freaks, whatever you want to call them always pop up out of nowhere and start asking questions...
I don't mind when a regular person asks about it or when I see a bunch of kids' faces light up when I ride by.
What I DO mind is when crazy guys with missing teeth and dilated pupils start asking questions and telling me about "O I've always wanted to make one of these, where did you get it? How much was it? Well you know how you could make yours better...blah blah blah blah..."
Maybe I SHOULD move, but I am pretty tied to the bay area since my girlfriend has a good job here.

So far, in my 5 whole miles of riding, I have only encountered one 10 year old kid and his siberian husky. I didn't stop to chat but I only saw a leash in his hand, not a meth pipe. I guess it could've been in his pocket, though...

There are way too many tweakers in the Bay Area, d00d. It's not just your neighborhood or the city in which you live, it's a freakin' pandemic. They are probably attracted to your bike because one can make meth on a bicycle, due to the vibration of riding. Now strap a motor on that thing and you've got the methamphetamine equivalent of a rock tumbler. If I were you, I'd reinforce my garage door and get a couple of those 'Protected by SuperAwesomeAlarmCo.' stickers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back