Flexible Fuel Line??

Cali-Rider

Local time
9:50 AM
The "fuel line" that came with my kit is just cheap clear plastic. It looks nice and bends quite well but has hardened due to heat and fuel.

I got a piece of automotive fuel line and it is so thick that I can't really bend it... The only thing I've seen is the Vitton tube that Rock Solid sells, but I think they are as overpriced as it gets. Any help with other options?

Also, my fuel on/off barb puts my fuel line very close to my cylinder head. Is there any shortened barb and/or inline on/off valve around?

Thanks

Use vacuum line. Automotive fuel line is built to withstand pressure from a fuel pump. There is no such pressure in any of these fuel lines because these carbs are all gravity-fed.

The best line is fuel line....All lawnmower shops sells fuel line. I use 3/16" line and I don't have to use clamps. If the line is hard to get on, use some heat (boiling water, hair dryer), I didn't have too.

Use vacuum line. Automotive fuel line is built to withstand pressure from a fuel pump. There is no such pressure in any of these fuel lines because these carbs are all gravity-fed.
Yes, vacuum line can be used, but I like fuel line as you can see the fuel running through it.

Last edited:
Thanks Al, That sounds like the way to go since vacuum line is not fuel resistant. I'll look into some lawn mower shops.

Any idea about a fuel barb without an on off? The length of my on/off fuel barb put the begining of my fuel line quite close to the cylinder head.

Last edited:
I was asking about an inline valve and a shorter barb since I can't orientate a straight piece of metal any other way than straight. It is not the valve switch that is in the way but the end of the barb that points almost straight at my cylinder head. I had the idea of cutting one of the convolutions of the barb off to shorten its overall length, but it wouldn't do as much as just having the barb start from the tank itself.

The carb looks like this, right?

cruisercarb01.JPG

I am liking the looks of that but I just got a new Delorto copy so no that won't work. But the barb that the other side of the fuel line that connects to the tank with would be perfect and then a seperate inline on/off valve.

These carbs suck. Took a lot of modification to get this to function at all RPM and throttle positions. I'm sure that delorto won't leak either so you can prolly ditch the valve.

Let's see a picture. As long as the fuel can flow with gravity, you can run the line on the cross tube then down. You really need a fuel shut off, and a filter so when not riding you can turn it off. Length doesn't make any difference as long it doesn't go higher then the tank. Gravity works.

Back